Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #61
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Prosecutors couldn't find enough evidence but the NFL investigators found enough?

Suspending a guy for 6 games on just accusations and limited evidence is a slippery slope IMO.

Especially when the investigation took place almost a full year after the incidents, for incidents that potentially occurred before he had even played an NFL snap.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3403528

I think if you read into this you can see the NFL put a lot of work into this invesigation. The NFL went over this carefully and employed Mr. Peter Harvey, Esq. former attorney general of New Jersey as an advisor and they feel they have found enough evidence to conclude they have found 3 instances of physical violence. Remember the commissioner has all the power and doesn't need a criminal offense to suspend a player. Cowboys fans may not like it but Goodell has pretty consistent in punishing popular teams such as the Pats, Saints, Steelers, etc. so I certainly don't think the Cowboys are being treated any differently than any other team. The players may not like it but they can blame their union for giving up so much power to the commissioner. You can bet in their next CBA they will be looking to take away some of that power.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #62
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember when the Bucs didn't only waste a 2nd rounder on a kicker, but even traded up to do it? Well ...

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
Kicker news: The #Bucs have released former 2nd round pick Roberto Aguayo after last night's misses.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #63
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Why? Manning was clearly done in his last season. Kaepernick is the obvious stopgap solution but NFL owners are cowards.
Why? Because the media are idiots?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #64
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Marshawn sat during the anthem last night. Not seeing much fuss about that. Advantages of being liked and being good I guess.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #65
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

After what's happened in Virginia I'm surprised not all black players are sitting.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #66
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are worried about Lynch sitting during the anthem but not worry about the racist and terrorist acts in Charlottesville you're a special kind of dumb.

All black players should be sitting for the anthem after what happened yesterday.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #67
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If any of you are DraftKings players, they are running a free contest for week 1. You can win $1 Billion dollars if you pick the perfect lineup.

That would be insane!
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #68
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
So Marshawn sat during the anthem last night. Not seeing much fuss about that. Advantages of being liked and being good I guess.
He says he's been sitting for it for years.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/n...anthem-w497527
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #69
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lynch also would probably refuse to talk about it in the media like he refuses to talk at all mostly. Hard to have a controversy if you won't talk about it.

Now I forget the player but someone accused Micheal Bennett of sitting during the anthem just to generate interest in his brand...
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #70
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't say I enjoyed watching the NFL this weekend on DAZN. FF and RW play sucks because unlike a PVR you can't see the video in motion and the interface at least on the PS4/XB1 is clunky as every time I would exit a game to go to another one it would take me to some stupid soccer game on the main menu. I feel like the NFL stiffed Canadians much like the NHL did giving Rogers the NHL deal. The Raiders/Cardinals game froze up on me and I had to back out and this is simply not the way I like to watch sports with buffering, freezes, etc. I would gladly pay $20 more/month to go back to the ability to seamlessly switch between games live and have the ability to fast forward commercials without skipping plays. I'm glad that some people get to save money but I wish they would have let the cable carriers still maintain it for football junkies like me that like to watch all the games on a Sunday.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-15-2017 at 01:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #71
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Prosecutors couldn't find enough evidence but the NFL investigators found enough?

Suspending a guy for 6 games on just accusations and limited evidence is a slippery slope IMO.

Especially when the investigation took place almost a full year after the incidents, for incidents that potentially occurred before he had even played an NFL snap.
Hmm, lack of evidence, unprecedented suspension..

As a Pats fan this sounds super familiar.
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #72
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I can't say I enjoyed watching the NFL this weekend on DAZN. FF and RW play sucks because unlike a PVR you can't see the video in motion and the interface at least on the PS4/XB1 is clunky as every time I would exit a game to go to another one it would take me to some stupid soccer game on the main menu. I feel like the NFL stiffed Canadians much like the NHL did giving Rogers the NHL deal. The Raiders/Cardinals game froze up on me and I had to back out and this is simply not the way I like to watch sports with buffering, freezes, etc. I would gladly pay $20 more/month to go back to the ability to seamlessly switch between games live and have the ability to fast forward commercials without skipping plays. I'm glad that some people get to save money but I wish they would have let the cable carriers still maintain it for football junkies like me that like to watch all the games on a Sunday.

I'm not as picky as some people may be about quality and stuff like that, but I thought the whole thing was fine. Sure it might not be as good as having it on regular TV, but overall I've been happy with it so far.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #73
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
If any of you are DraftKings players, they are running a free contest for week 1. You can win $1 Billion dollars if you pick the perfect lineup.

That would be insane!

Easy Money.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #74
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Anquan Boldin just walked out and retired from the Bills today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #75
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I'm not as picky as some people may be about quality and stuff like that, but I thought the whole thing was fine. Sure it might not be as good as having it on regular TV, but overall I've been happy with it so far.
It was a little better this weekend but it's not close to 60 fps so while it looks fine when players are lining up and it's say a running play up the middle but when the ball is thrown deep or punted it's almost impossible to pick up the ball in the air as it jus blurs and mixes in with the crowd. I'm still not satisfied.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #76
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was a little better this weekend but it's not close to 60 fps so while it looks fine when players are lining up and it's say a running play up the middle but when the ball is thrown deep or punted it's almost impossible to pick up the ball in the air as it jus blurs and mixes in with the crowd. I'm still not satisfied.
Ya i don't really notice stuff like that. Maybe I'll try and pay attention to that and see if I notice.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #77
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but has anyone ordered the new NFL Sunday ticket on DAZN? I tried to renew with Shaw but it no longer available thru them. Any feedback from people who use this service? I am wondering where I go on my Apple TV to access it. Thanks in advance!
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #78
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #79
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
it worked great for me

Agree that I would still prefer it on the tv, but so far it I've liked it
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #80
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trevor Siemian is the Broncos starter again
Have a feeling they will pick a QB next April.