Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #81
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Most Americans do not condone, nor support, groups like this and would act against them given the chance.
Except when someone punches a Nazi it's apparently a bad thing and we should totally sit down to have a nice rational discourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #82
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
This is part of a stochastic terror campaign coming from 'conservative' interests in the US. The GOP has been using this bottled hatred for decades.
And blowback is a bitch.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #83
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

I never expected to see anything like this in my lifetime, in my country, in a city close to where my grandmother grew up.

I don't even have words, I'm too angry and sad. I'm just beside myself. I've already had a hard time keeping myself quiet with the Trump supporters I work with, this may be the last straw.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #84
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glenn Thrush ✔ @GlennThrush
It is neither unfair nor inaccurate to point out that the president has been tougher on Mitch McConnell than Putin or Nazis in last 24 hours
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #85
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Except when someone punches a Nazi it's apparently a bad thing and we should totally sit down to have a nice rational discourse.
Which is a reference to Richard Spencer, of course, who you just yesterday lumped in with people like Gad Saad and Joe Rogan. So, when people like you get to decide who should get classified as "Nazis" and therefore should be susceptible to punching, yeah, that's a bit of a problem.

Not to mention that even if you were capable of identifying the real Nazis (hint: in this instance, they're the guys with the swastika flags carrying torches wearing shirts with Hitler quotes on them, not the people who simply don't agree with you on public policy), said actual Nazis are probably going to punch back, and my mental image of you doesn't give me the impression you're up for that sort of fight.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 08-12-2017 at 02:53 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #86
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
^ My god.....

Ok, so someone tell me again how muslim immigrants pose a bigger risk to Americans than white nationalists (who are all citizens BTW)? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.
They brown folk.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #87
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Which is a reference to Richard Spencer, of course, who you just yesterday lumped in with people like Gad Saad and Joe Rogan. So, when people like you get to decide who should get classified as "Nazis" and therefore should be susceptible to punching, yeah, that's a bit of a problem.
Is it? I'm not certain there even is anything approaching a degree of separation between Richard Spencer and literal Nazis.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #88
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

David Duke: "We're going to fulfil the promises of Donald Trump". And yes, there is video.

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/stat...92449760698368

Incidentally, I have yet to see any video of Donald Trump suggesting that he has any problem with any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Is it? I'm not certain there even is anything approaching a degree of separation between Richard Spencer and literal Nazis.
There is, however, a degree of separation between Richard Spencer and Gad Saad, which is my point. I do not trust anyone to decide who falls into the category of "people who have ideas that are so objectionable that it's acceptable to inflict violence upon them simply for holding them". And I really, really don't trust Psycnet to decide that.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 08-12-2017 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #89
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
David Duke: "We're going to fulfil the promises of Donald Trump". And yes, there is video.

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/stat...92449760698368

Incidentally, I have yet to see any video of Donald Trump suggesting that he has any problem with any of this.

There is, however, a degree of separation between Richard Spencer and Gad Saad, which is my point. I do not trust anyone to decide who falls into the category of "has ideas that we should dislike enough to be willing to inflict violence upon them". And I really, really don't trust Psycnet to decide that.

He gave a press conference about 2 hours ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politi...sts/index.html
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #90
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
He gave a press conference about 2 hours ago.
Saw that. Missed the part where he talked about white nationalism, nazism, the KKK, or suggested that he didn't want the support of these people. I did catch him repeating, "from all sides", as if counter-protests against racism were somehow equivalent, a sentiment echoed in the article you linked by a quote from a white house staffer.

Or, in other words,
Quote:
David Frum‏
@davidfrum

President Trump is always an effective communicator, but rarely has he more clearly communicated who and what he is than he did today.
I do, incidentally, recall during the campaign when he waffled about the endorsement about a white supremacist leader... who was that again?

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 08-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #91
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

^David Duke
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #92
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. The guy who just gleefully pointed to a racist rally as a fulfilment of Trump's promises. It was a rhetorical question.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #93
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alt Right DoxxPros are saying the car belongs to a hardline Bernie Bro

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/...72030375227392

Quote:
Old 08-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #94
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's easier to convincingly photoshop that information than to actually obtain that information, so, yeah, I'll wait for an actual credible source on that one.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #95
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely worth waiting to see who the cops charge. Kid is gonna be tarred if it's a fake.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #96
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Alt Right DoxxPros are saying the car belongs to a hardline Bernie Bro
Linking to the (alleged) doxxing of somebody is something that I didn't think even you would stoop down to.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #97
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Definitely worth waiting to see who the cops charge. Kid is gonna be tarred if it's a fake.
I know it's not much of a source but someone on Reddit is saying that the kid identified is denying it on twitter.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #98
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently this is from the Daily Stormer. I'm not about to verify that. I got it from Twitter.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #99
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I know it's not much of a source but someone on Reddit is saying that the kid identified is denying it on twitter.
https://m.facebook.com/joel.notavail...content_filter

His FB is denying it too.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #100
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Trump won't condemn the white nationalists because those are his supporters and he doesn't want to alienate them. And it's not just the white nationalists in Charlottesville, it's all over the country. If he condemns them and he's basically condemning his entire voter base.

I mean think about that for second, the president of the United States of America won't condemn Nazis in his own ####ing country because he doesn't want to alienate his supporters.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: