Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #61
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
^ My god.....

Ok, so someone tell me again how muslim immigrants pose a bigger risk to Americans than white nationalists (who are all citizens BTW)? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Christ...they've even stooped to using the tactics of terrorists by using vehicles as weapons.
Hopefully when they arrest that driver, they do charge him as a terrorist which makes it a federal crime.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #62
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
^ My god.....

Ok, so someone tell me again how muslim immigrants pose a bigger risk to Americans than white nationalists (who are all citizens BTW)? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Christ...they've even stooped to using the tactics of terrorists by using vehicles as weapons.
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/statu...39229818347520

Angry men, dislocated from society, radicalized online, embraced by a community, promised glory & honor. Not ISIS, see #Charlottesville
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #63
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
And it has been pointed out that not all Trump supporters are white supremacists and treating them as such is ridiculous.

That wasn't a whataboutism. A direct comparison between two exact scenarios is not a whataboutism. It is also not making an excuse for the behavior of these racists. It is about showing that you should never try and link the fringe element with the majority of people, who do not engage nor support such beliefs, and that the fringe can exist even in a liberal utopia like Canada, and a perfect city, like Calgary.

I would also like to point out that this public march took place on a university campus when it is pretty much deserted. I'd like to seem them try that again in a month when classes are in full swing. I suspect you would see a much different reaction from the true majority.
Nobody said Trump supporters were all white supremacists but if you support Trump you're a bad person and you should feel bad. The fact that so many idiotic Americans elected him as president shows to how awful of a country America is.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #64
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Hopefully when they arrest that driver, they do charge him as a terrorist which makes it a federal crime.
I wonder if they will just shoot on sight, since that's likely how they would treat any other terrorist.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #65
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I cannot imagine Trump not putting out some token statement against this white supremacist bro rally, but just imagine if he doesn't. Also we must remember these people are really just economically anxious, when they get jobs again this will go away.
They're not getting jobs.

The jobs for dumb white rednecks aren't coming back, particularly dumb white rednecks whose faces are on the internet carrying Nazi symbols.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #66
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
WARNING - GRAPHIC:

Vehicle plows into counter-protesters:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/896430112085872640

This is going to get real bad today...

EDIT - GRAPHIC:

A somehow more terrifying angle shows how deliberate it was

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/...34516260212737
Live video at the scene.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #67
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

This guy has some good photos - how the KKK guys are also armed to the teeth (as expected)
https://twitter.com/tomperriello
Old 08-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #68
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I am actually pretty sick of nonsense posts like this.
Why? Americans have proved over and over they're one of the lowest IQ countries in the first world.

About time they get called out on their ignorance and stupidity.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #69
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

1 person dead after that car crashed into the back of tat other car.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #70
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Why? Americans have proved over and over they're one of the lowest IQ countries in the first world.

Which ones?

Johnny Gaudreau? Craig Conroy? Brian Burke?

Barrack Obama? Bill Clinton? Hillary?

Jon Stewart? Stephen Colbert?

You have quite the wide brush there man. It's no different than those you loathe who think all Muslims are terrorists...you seem to think all Americans are stupid and ignorant...which ironically makes you just that.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #71
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Which ones?

You have quite the wide brush there man. It's no different than those you loathe who think all Muslims are terrorists...you seem to think all Americans are stupid and ignorant...which ironically makes you just that.
The ones that are stupid and ignorant. Pretty easy to figure out a large part of the population isn't very bright when Trump gets elected.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #72
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Which ones?

For example: I am now an American. Did I suddenly become stupid just because I live here?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #73
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Generalize much?

For someone who (rightfully) rails constantly against those who try to apply the thoughts and actions of extremist Muslims to all Muslims, it sure is rich that you're doing exactly the same thing.

Extremists are extremists, no matter if they are white/brown/yellow/green/black/purple and no matter if they are American/Russian/Syrian/Pakistani/Indian/Canadian/etc. You of all people should agree with that.
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #74
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculoso View Post
Generalize much?

For someone who (rightfully) rails constantly against those who try to apply the thoughts and actions of extremist Muslims to all Muslims, it sure is rich that you're doing exactly the same thing.

Extremists are extremists, no matter if they are white/brown/yellow/green/black/purple and no matter if they are American/Russian/Syrian/Pakistani/Indian/Canadian/etc. You of all people should agree with that.
I do? Please provide some examples.

And it's proven fact. Americans as a whole are a very low IQ country.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #75
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:

And it's proven fact. Americans as a whole are a very low IQ country.
Well then you should have no problem providing scientific evidence of this right?

Actually let me help you out,

the USA as an average is one point behind Canada according to this study.

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

So are Canadians stupid, ignorant and low IQ as well or is the threshold Australia, Denmark and France who rate the same as the US?

Last edited by transplant99; 08-12-2017 at 01:52 PM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transplant99 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #76
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I must have you confused with calgaryborn or someone else that has a "calgaryxxxxx" username. My mistake.
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #77
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
For example: I am now an American. Did I suddenly become stupid just because I live here?

This, apparently, is "proven fact".

Dummy.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #78
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Keep this on topic - that is what's going on in VA.

Take your other squabbles to PM or better yet, just stop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #79
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
This guy has some good photos - how the KKK guys are also armed to the teeth (as expected)
https://twitter.com/tomperriello
The FBI and the intelligence community routinely and publicly regard right wing anti-government homegrown terrorism and climate change as national security threats. It's been a problem since the 1980s. There is some argument to be made how the American government clampdown on other dissident groups frightened/emboldened radical right wing movements in the US.

Infiltration of government and law enforcement by ku klux klan members in the 1870s and 80s is a significant factor in the roll back of black civil rights in the southern states. When 2 jewish and 1 black civil rights workers were murdered trying to organize black voters in mississippi in 1964, they were murdered by a SHERIFFS DEPUTY after being taken FROM THEIR JAIL CELLS.

Jeff Sessions is the top Law Enforcement official in the country, and this is what some of his peers have to say about him:

Here is what the FBI has to say about right wing terrorism in the US:

Quote:
But even if there aren’t hard statistics, the problem of racial bias among police isn’t new. In fact, it’s been a concern of the FBI for at least a decade. Exactly 10 years ago this week, the FBI warned of the potential consequences — including bias — of white supremacist groups infiltrating local and state law enforcement, indicating it was a significant threat to national security.

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.

Much of the bulletin has been redacted, but in it, the FBI identified white supremacists in law enforcement as a concern, because of their access to both “restricted areas vulnerable to sabotage” and elected officials or people who could be seen as “potential targets for violence.” The memo also warned of “ghost skins,” hate group members who don’t overtly display their beliefs in order to “blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.”

“At least one white supremacist group has reportedly encouraged ghost skins to seek positions in law enforcement for the capability of alerting skinhead crews of pending investigative action against them,” the report read.

Problems with white supremacists in law enforcement have surfaced since that report. In 2014, two Florida officers — including a deputy police chief — were fired after an FBI informant outed them as members of the Ku Klux Klan. It marked the second time within five years that the agency uncovered an officer’s membership in the KKK. Several agencies nationwide have also launched investigations into personnel who may not be formal hate group members, but face allegations of race-based misconduct.

Social media has made it easier to expose white supremacists who serve in law enforcement. In September 2015, a North Carolina police officer was fired after a picture of him giving a Nazi salute surfaced on Facebook. And as recently as August, the Philadelphia Police Department launched an internal investigation after attendees of a Black Lives Matter rally outside the Democratic National Convention spotted an officer in charge of crowd control with a tattoo of the Nazi Party emblem on his forearm and posted the image on Instagram.

“Many people in these communities of color feel they have been the subject of police violence for decades,” said Samuel Jones, professor of law at the John Marshall School of Law in Chicago. “And when an officer engages in conduct that adds or enhances that divide, they are ultimately jeopardizing the integrity of their agencies and putting their fellow officers in danger.”

Policing in America has historically had racial implications. The earliest forms of organized law enforcement in the U.S. can be traced to slave patrols that tracked down escaped slaves, and overseers assigned to guard settler communities from Native Americans. In the centuries since, many law enforcement agencies directly participated in antagonizing communities of color, or provided a shield for others who did. But in the 10 years since the FBI’s initial warning, little has changed, Jones said.

Neither the FBI nor state and local law enforcement agencies have established systems for vetting personnel for potential supremacist links, he said. That task is left primarily to everyday citizens and nonprofit organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center, one of few that tracks the growing number of hate groups in America.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...w-enforcement/

They are heavily armed:
Quote:
Daryl Johnson, former senior domestic terrorism analyst at the Department of Homeland Security, noted the important relationship between the military and violent right-wing extremism in his book Right Wing Resurgence. He writes that right-wing extremists "target law enforcement and military personnel for their training experience (particularly weapons and explosives training), their disciplined way of life, leadership skills, and access to weapons, equipment, and sensitive information." Johnson further notes that a government survey of 17,080 soldiers found that 3.5 percent of them had been contacted in order to recruit them into an extremist organization and that 7.1 percent said they knew another soldier who they believed to be part of an extremist organization.

The New America Foundation's dataset on homegrown extremists offers a platform to quantitatively compare the threat from military-trained right-wing and jihadist extremists, and to evaluate the significance of the threat from each form of extremism. The dataset includes those extremists indicted or involved in violent activities since 2001. According to the dataset, 13 jihadist and Al Qaeda-linked homegrown extremists served in the US military, and they account for about six percent of jihadist extremists listed in the database. These jihadists do appear to be more dangerous than jihadists who have not served in the military. They are more likely to acquire arms on their own, for example. Furthermore, about twenty-five percent of those who served in the military were involved in violent incidents compared to six percent of all jihadist extremists in the dataset. In terms of raw numbers, the threat of jihadist extremists with experience serving in the US military appears to have held steady or possibly to have declined since 9/11. Slightly over half of the cases involved indictments or incidents prior to 2005, though five cases since 2008 suggest a continued risk.
https://www.theatlantic.com/national...emists/275277/

Quote:
Fifteen years after the Oklahoma City bombing, the specter of domestic terrorism has returned to haunt the Obama administration, with a warning from the FBI that “home-grown and lone-wolf extremists” now represent as serious a threat as Al Qaeda and its affiliates, The Times reported on Saturday.

The warning, from the FBI Director, Robert Mueller, came as the former President Clinton drew parallels between the Oklahoma City tragedy and a recent upsurge in anti-government rhetoric, while American television audiences heard Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, describe the “absolute rage” that drove him to plan an attack that killed 168 men, women and children.

An FBI spokesman said Friday that Mueller was referring to right-wing extremist groups and anti-government militias, as well as American Islamists, in his testimony to the Senate committee that must approve the FBI’s $8.3 billion budget.

Last month federal agents arrested nine members of a Christian militia based in Michigan, calling itself the Hutaree. They have been charged with plotting to murder local police with a stash of guns, knives and grenades.

Since the passage of President Obama’s health reforms, the FBI has also made arrests in Seattle and San Francisco after death threats were sent to Democratic senators.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/17...-al-qaeda.html

From 2002 direct from the FBI:
Quote:
Domestic right-wing terrorist groups often adhere to the principles of racial supremacy and embrace antigovernment, antiregulatory beliefs. Generally, extremist right-wing groups engage in activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action.

On the national level, formal right-wing hate groups, such as the National Alliance, the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC) and the Aryan Nations, represent a continuing terrorist threat. Although efforts have been made by some extremist groups to reduce openly racist rhetoric in order to appeal to a broader segment of the population and to focus increased attention on antigovernment sentiment, racism-based hatred remains an integral component of these groups’ core orientations.

Right-wing groups continue to represent a serious terrorist threat. Two of the seven planned acts of terrorism prevented in 1999 were potentially large-scale, high-casualty attacks being planned by organized right-wing extremist groups.
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/ne...-united-states

Quote:
Just days after Canada suffered a deadly gun massacre at the hands of a homegrown, right-wing radical who opened fired on praying Muslims, the Trump administration is moving to downplay the threat of homegrown, right-wing radicals in the United States.

Coming in the wake of Trump’s controversial decision to sign an executive order temporarily barring individuals from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the United States, Reuters this week reported that the Trump administration would direct a government-run program called Countering Violent Extremism to change its name to Countering Islamic Extremism or Countering Radical Islamic Extremism. In doing so, the program “would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.” (The FBI and the Justice Department will still track hate crimes and prosecute homegrown terrorists.)

Downgrading the scrutiny given to right-wing radicals has long been a goal of conservative media in America. Now Trump is moving to turn that desire into policy.

Back in 2015, Fox News’ Eric Bolling was part of a chorus of conservative media voices who denounced a Department of Homeland Security report that warned about violence from “right-wing sovereign citizen extremists." Bolling insisted there weren’t any examples of far-right attacks in the U.S., while his colleague Greg Gutfeld offered there had been just two in “over four decades.”

But the DHS report, produced in conjunction with the FBI, clearly documented 24 violent, right-wing domestic attacks that took place between 2010 and 2014.

“A survey last year of state and local law enforcement officers listed sovereign citizen terrorists, ahead of foreign Islamists, and domestic militia groups as the top domestic terror threat,” CNN reported at the time.

Concurrently, a 2015 report from the New America Foundation found that of the 28 deadly homegrown terror attacks since 9/11, 18 were incidents inspired by right-wing extremism, while 10 were inspired by Islamic extremism.

Dr. John Horgan of the University of Massachusetts at Lowell told The New York Times that year, “There’s an acceptance now of the idea that the threat from jihadi terrorism in the United States has been overblown. And there’s a belief that the threat of right-wing, antigovernment violence has been underestimated.”

But some on the “alt-right” were furious over the government’s 2015 report. "It really is the most egregious politicization of national security," Breitbart’s Sebastian Gorka insisted during a Fox News appearance. “We're going to be looking for right-wing extremists when ISIS prepares to attack us? It's outrageous."

Gorka has since been hired by the Trump White House and serves as deputy assistant to the president.

Meanwhile, white supremacists continue to express their deep appreciation for President Trump and his administration's plan to radically change the CVE program. “My hands are shaking right now as I prepare this article – I’m just that unbelievably happy,” announced neo-Nazi website Infostormer. “This measure would be the first step to us going fully mainstream, and beginning the process of entering the government in full-force without the fear of being attacked, financially-assailed, and intimidated into silence by the nefarious Jews.”

At neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer, editor Andrew Anglin announced to readers, “Donald Trump is setting us free.” He continued, “This is absolutely a signal of favor to us. We are not a threat to America, we are American patriots trying to save this country. It is also a slap in the face to the kikes of the SPLC and the ADL who pushed for us to be classified along with actual Islamic terrorists as a way to legally justify outrageous abuses against us by the federal government.” (In the same article, Anglin called the actions of white supremacist terrorist Dylann Roof, who was recently sentenced to death for massacring African American worshipers at a church, "silly" but "perfectly understandable if you put it in context.")

This remains the hard truth: From neo-Nazi killers, to a string of women’s health clinic bombings and attacks, as well as assaults on law enforcement from anti-government radicals, acts of right-wing extreme violence led by self-described revolutionaries continue to unfold regularly in the United States.
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-terror/215226

Quote:
A new intelligence assessment, circulated by the Department of Homeland Security this month and reviewed by CNN, focuses on the domestic terror threat from right-wing sovereign citizen extremists and comes as the Obama administration holds a White House conference to focus efforts to fight violent extremism.

Some federal and local law enforcement groups view the domestic terror threat from sovereign citizen groups as equal to -- and in some cases greater than -- the threat from foreign Islamic terror groups, such as ISIS, that garner more public attention.​

The Homeland Security report, produced in coordination with the FBI, counts 24 violent sovereign citizen-related attacks across the U.S. since 2010.

The government says these are extremists who believe that they can ignore laws and that their individual rights are under attack in routine daily instances such as a traffic stop or being required to obey a court order.
They've lashed out against authority in incidents such as one in 2012, in which a father and son were accused of engaging in a shootout with police in Louisiana, in a confrontation that began with an officer pulling them over for a traffic violation. Two officers were killed and several others wounded in the confrontation. The men were sovereign citizen extremists who claimed police had no authority over them.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politi...ity/index.html

This is part of a stochastic terror campaign coming from 'conservative' interests in the US. The GOP has been using this bottled hatred for decades.

Last edited by Flash Walken; 08-12-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #80
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just to throw something out there that has been mentioned many times in the past, and dismissed for unknown reasons.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/r...ts-422743.html

http://www.newsweek.com/homegrown-te...tremism-619724

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/...mic-terrorism/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0da2c731a84df

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/o...or-threat.html

http://www.snopes.com/2017/06/07/thr...tremists-more/

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/31/...ger-to-us-all/

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/15/...-experts-fear/

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-04-...-united-states

And just for emphasis

http://time.com/3934980/right-wing-e...adi-dangerous/

This is not news. This has been on the radar for very long time. Yes, the United States elected a Racist in Chief who enables these #######s, but they are not reflective of the majority of Americans. They are extremists who have take advantage of a mindless idiot in the White House. Most Americans do not condone, nor support, groups like this and would act against them given the chance.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote