Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #7821
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
The entire main stream media is biased to the left, I am well aware of that perspective (just read a few pages of this thread as an example). Please give me other sources of conservative perspectives on current issues that you feel are better (after you insult me a few times of course). Very interested in your recommendations for better sources than the popular ones you listed.
Morning Joe, National Review, Shep Smith on Fox, but you always find from great publications like the New York Time, The Hill, PBS, Washington Post, articles from conservatives all the time.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #7822
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact that you think Maajid Nawaz's beef with the SPLC reflects badly on him, rather than them, speaks volumes.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #7823
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Basically anything that isn't Kek Army approved would be better.

Maajid Nawaz (though now that he's beefing with the SPLC he's an honorary Kekistani National)
Simon Kent is p good for a Brietbart bro
Haaretz is pretty right-leaning but a good reporting service
Ben Shapiro is certainly more palatable than that group
Sam Harris is, while currently getting shat on by TopKek Generals, still a right-leaning commentator with rational viewpoints
lol Sam Harris and Maajid are liberals, Sam prefers to be called a classical liberal.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #7824
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harris is arguably centrist on gun control (though he supports having to take licensing exams which would immediately get him blacklisted by the NRA so I don't even know if you can say that). But he's obviously well left on everything else, policy wise. Pro-choice, pro-universal health care, pro-gay marriage... He's practically in green party territory on environmental policy. He supported Hillary, and his reasons for preferring her to Bernie were strategic (she had the better chance to win, in his view). He just happens to openly hate identity politics. If that's all it takes to be "right-leaning", then I guess the left is totally ####ed.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #7825
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

So green means good right? Guess I'm going to the Ship if nukes start flying.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #7826
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

to the arguments above.. NK would never destroy Seoul with a weapon. They consider South Korea and it's people their own. Their whole raison d'etre is to unify "Choson".
I believe Japan could be in trouble because of level of racism the Koreans feel for the Japanese. It would be a cruel irony if Japan remains the only nation to ever be attacked with a nuclear weapon.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #7827
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
to the arguments above.. NK would never destroy Seoul with a weapon.
I don't know of any credible foreign policy expert who considers the fifteen thousand cannons and rocket launchers that are aimed at Seoul at all times to be a bluff. They would absolutely destroy Seoul if attacked. North Korea is basically holding their southern neighbours hostage. I would go so far as to say that's the primary reason that North Korea still exists as a dictatorship.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #7828
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
The entire main stream media is biased to the left, I am well aware of that perspective (just read a few pages of this thread as an example).
Come on. Just because everything appears left of where YOU stand does not mean everything is biased to that side. It might speak more to your perspective and bias than that of the media itself. You should not be searching out sources of information that align with your ideological position, you should be searching out sources of information that present the facts in a consistent manner. If you are finding that the majority of the information coming your way contradicts what you believe to true it is likely your perceptions and your perspective are in the wrong.

Quote:
Please give me other sources of conservative perspectives on current issues that you feel are better (after you insult me a few times of course). Very interested in your recommendations for better sources than the popular ones you listed.
Stop looking for information with a particular perspective and instead look for the facts on the issue. Don't accept the spin. Distill the facts and find the truth through the facts. If multiple sources are saying the same thing, distilled down to the same facts, it is likely this is where the truth of the matter lay. "conservative" or "liberal" perspectives is all bull#### and is a result of people refusing to use their heads and do the hard work to find truth. It is the intellectual lazy man who takes the word of another and does not search out facts on their own. It is those people who are easy to fool, and easier to lead off the cliff, like the lemmings they allow themselves to be. Don't be one of those guys.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 08-11-2017 at 02:00 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #7829
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
to the arguments above.. NK would never destroy Seoul with a weapon. They consider South Korea and it's people their own. Their whole raison d'etre is to unify "Choson".
I believe Japan could be in trouble because of level of racism the Koreans feel for the Japanese. It would be a cruel irony if Japan remains the only nation to ever be attacked with a nuclear weapon.
Never is a bad term to use, I'd agree though that attacking South Korea and Seoul is a absolute last resort, but if the regime knew it was about to be destroyed the artillery and missile regiments are absolutely going to level the targets they have in range.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #7830
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I don't know of any credible foreign policy expert who considers the fifteen thousand cannons and rocket launchers that are aimed at Seoul at all times to be a bluff. They would absolutely destroy Seoul if attacked. North Korea is basically holding their southern neighbours hostage. I would go so far as to say that's the primary reason that North Korea still exists as a dictatorship.
On that note, why they hell haven't the South Koreans moved their seat of government out of artillery range years ago?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #7831
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean, I assume that they have measures in place that would ensure the survival of government officials and the like. I actually don't know. From a deterrence perspective, though, it makes little difference - it's the 20+ million people in the area that matters. Also, I imagine from a political perspective it probably wouldn't show a lot of confidence or support for your own population if you said, "yeah, we recognize the bulk of our population is here, but we're pretty scared, so, see ya."
Old 08-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #7832
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

South Koreans are naive and have all kinds of delusional issues with this whole conflict.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #7833
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
South Koreans are naive and have all kinds of delusional issues with this whole conflict.
I'm guessing they also have very very deep basements
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #7834
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
While I agree on the Japanese front, I disagree with your first part, Seoul is the seat of power for a government that the North Korea would absolutely want to decapitate.

They would absolutely destroy that city if they needed to.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #7835
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

The North Korean leadership already kills plenty of Koreans in their concentration camps. They would happily kill every last South Korean as well if they could take the land and repopulate it. Believing anything else is willful ignorance.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #7836
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I'm guessing they also have very very deep basements
to my surprise when I was visiting Seoul, the "threat" of NK was always there but the South completely disregards it. They are too busy with Kpop, public wi-fi, and 4D movie theaters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #7837
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

You can only live in existential fear for so long, eventually you just have to move on with life or go crazy. If you can't control something, not much reason to worry about it.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #7838
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

So now he's not ruling out military action in Venezuela. Things must be getting really bad on the Russian front.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/politi...rea/index.html
Quote:
"We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I am not going to rule out a military option," Trump said. "We have many options for Venezuela. This is our neighbor. You know, we are all over the world and we have troops all over the world in places that are very, very far away. Venezuela is not very far away and the people are suffering, and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option if necessary."
Old 08-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #7839
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Morning Joe, National Review, Shep Smith on Fox, but you always find from great publications like the New York Time, The Hill, PBS, Washington Post, articles from conservatives all the time.

Where is CBC?
Old 08-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #7840
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
Where is CBC?

Canada
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms