Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #1801
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Anyone else seen the documentary "The Keepers"? Because the wife and I are two episodes in and it is ####ing insane what went on there.

That's all I'll say about it. It's been pretty fast paced and very disturbing given it's a true story.

Just started watching this. It is very disturbing. I can't watch a lot at once it makes me feel terrible. That poor woman Jean, has the most horrifying story, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Last edited by bigtmac19; 07-30-2017 at 12:55 PM.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #1802
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

So my wife asked me if I wanted to watch something about "nasty gal" and I got excited... turned out it was that Girlboss show. Wasn't that bad but not at all what I really wanted to watch.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #1803
wontondestruction
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I don't think I've ever been so intrigued by a Netflix special.

wontondestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wontondestruction For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #1804
robaur
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Icarus came out today. Must watch for sports fans.
robaur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robaur For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #1805
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaur View Post
It's incredible. I think I said holy s*** about a dozen times.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #1806
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really liked Icarus. I actually really liked the Russian scientists' eccentric personality and felt bad for him having to live his life with an assumed identity.

A side question - where do people in the witness protection program ultimately live? Especially a public figure such as this guy?
Another side question - were any NHL players on that Russian doping list?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #1807
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I really liked Icarus. I actually really liked the Russian scientists' eccentric personality and felt bad for him having to live his life with an assumed identity.

A side question - where do people in the witness protection program ultimately live? Especially a public figure such as this guy?
I've reason to believe Omaha Nebraska is a safe choice.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #1808
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also liked Icarus. I started thinking "man this is a cool idea for a documentary, see what a decently athletic guy is like on the juice". Then at the 45 minute mark it was "whoa, wtf?"

That truly did escalate quickly.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #1809
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaur View Post
I watched it in the middle of the night with my newborn. So I may have missed things, but why did he keep urine samples while he was taking the drugs and why did the Russian guy smuggle his urine to Russia? I did not understand that part. It was supposed to be how they were going to cheat the system, but then you find out the race doesn't test for drugs anyway.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #1810
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We binged "Friends From College" yesterday.

Was a pretty good show. Had its funny moments. We both really enjoyed it.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #1811
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Despite only recently signing an agreement with Netflix, Disney has cancelled the contract and will pull all of their content so that they can start their own competing streaming service. Sounds like Disney content will stay until the end of 2018.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/disn...-services.html

I can't wait until every TV show ever is available on a different streaming service. Then some smart up-and-coming entrepreneur can start some sort of bundling service where they offer access to all of the streaming services at a single discounted price.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #1812
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Double post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #1813
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Despite only recently signing an agreement with Netflix, Disney has cancelled the contract and will pull all of their content so that they can start their own competing streaming service. Sounds like Disney content will stay until the end of 2018.

I can't wait until every TV show ever is available on a different streaming service. Then some smart up-and-coming entrepreneur can start some sort of bundling service where they offer access to all of the streaming services at a single discounted price.
Gaarr and then I be returning to me greasy gut piratey ways, yo ho me hearties gaarrr!
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 07:09 PM   #1814
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Second season of last chance u is out. Such a great show. I love it from a football perspective but it is also interesting to see just how much of a sham the NCAA is. These guys can barely write their own name, but they only care the minute These kids have a lapse of judgement (hard not to in the environments they grew up in) they are eaten up and spit out.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 08-08-2017 at 07:14 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #1815
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This is why you never make deals with the Evil Empire.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #1816
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That looks to be the way things are going. Netflix's once huge catalog is getting smaller and smaller while it focuses on its own new programming. Soon every major producer will have its own distribution service. Then we'll see some kind of sorting, as few people are going to want to pay $9 a month each for 7 different streaming services.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #1817
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
That looks to be the way things are going. Netflix's once huge catalog is getting smaller and smaller while it focuses on its own new programming. Soon every major producer will have its own distribution service. Then we'll see some kind of sorting, as few people are going to want to pay $9 a month each for 7 different streaming services.
Nah, it's more likely that people go back to pirating until some of the less-profitable streaming services go under or merge with each other.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #1818
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

A Disney streaming service would do well, I think. It's a strong brand, they have the back catalog of movies and TV shows, ESPN, and produce a number of animated shows; and more importantly, could probably pump out a host of new ones based on any of their thousand IPs. A Disney steaming service would be like hiring a babysitter for $10/month.

Netflix will be minimally affected by this, too: they've been revving up their original content, and I think that's where their focus seems to lie. How many times are long-time subscribers going to watch the same thing(s) over and over, anyway?

I think the biggest question is, who is going to buy Netflix? The Disney theories made sense, as Apple, Google, and Amazon all have streaming services. Not sure who has the capital to do it. Comcast? Facebook?

Of course it could be that nobody does.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #1819
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
A Disney streaming service would do well, I think. It's a strong brand, they have the back catalog of movies and TV shows, ESPN, and produce a number of animated shows; and more importantly, could probably pump out a host of new ones based on any of their thousand IPs. A Disney steaming service would be like hiring a babysitter for $10/month.

Netflix will be minimally affected by this, too: they've been revving up their original content, and I think that's where their focus seems to lie. How many times are long-time subscribers going to watch the same thing(s) over and over, anyway?

I think the biggest question is, who is going to buy Netflix? The Disney theories made sense, as Apple, Google, and Amazon all have streaming services. Not sure who has the capital to do it. Comcast? Facebook?

Of course it could be that nobody does.
Large Image.
NSFW!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #1820
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

And this is why I pirate. All the TV shows and movies I want in one central location on my Plex server. If they were all in Netflix I would have no qualms about paying twice as much for it, but I'm not going to sign up for several services and then try to remember what is hosted where
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote