Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 AM   #7441
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Dude! Don't forget the Oilers also have Slepyshev, Pakarinin and Khaira!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #7442
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Not to toot the oilers horn, but"

I'm surprised he didn't throw in comparisons to the patriots, all blacks and even God himself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #7443
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers93 View Post
Lol we'll be wondering where the offence is when McDavid comes back down to earth too right?

It's okay to admit that players are good. I'm honestly not trying to toot the Oilers horn but a McDavid-led Oilers is like watching Jordan-led Bulls, Lebron-led Cavs, Lemieux-led Pens, etc. Just sit back and enjoy what a true generational talent can do with a solid team.
This post is hilarious! Thank you for brightening up my morning with your awful, awful words.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #7444
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Lol we'll be wondering where the offence is when McDavid comes back down to earth too right?

It's okay to admit that players are good. I'm honestly not trying to toot the Oilers horn but a McDavid-led Oilers is like watching Jordan-led Bulls, Lebron-led Cavs, Lemieux-led Pens, etc. Just sit back and enjoy what a true generational talent can do with a solid team.

Let him win something first
Old 07-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #7445
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Hmmm ya he definitely looked like a man on a mission vs the Ducks... don't think Jordan would've passed up that shot in game 7. He was relatively ineffective for large portions of that series so if you are gonna come here and claim he is the second coming of Christ at least let him gain a track record in the playoffs first.

"It's honestly okay to admit that players are good" while talking about their own player. Don't you guys have forums where you can scratch each other's asses? I actually feel a bit sorry for you needing to jump around to other teams forums looking for other people to validate your McDavid love. It's pretty cute.

Last edited by Beninho; 07-16-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #7446
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Dude, you are delusional.

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr and Jackson.

Lebron had Bosh, Wade, Irving, Love and Smith.

Lemieux had Jagr, Francis, Coffee, Mullen, Recchi, Stevens, Tocchet and Bowman.

McDavid has Draisaitl (maybe) and Talbot. Also a GM who is the worst cap manager in the league.
Look at the coaches that those teams had as well. Jackson, Bob Johnson etc.

The Oilers have T-Mac who did ok against the Sharks, but once again lost his superstar and fell flat on his face against the Ducks.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 07-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #7447
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Marino and the Dolphins
Ovechkin and the Capitals
Malone, Stockton and the Jazz
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #7448
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

We saw that in the playoffs as McDavid pulled a disappearing act against the Ducks.
Ohhhh and for the record, Jordan played his best ball during the playoffs and could could be counted on in crucial moments.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #7449
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
We saw that in the playoffs as McDavid pulled a disappearing act against the Ducks.
Ohhhh and for the record, Jordan played his best ball during the playoffs and could could be counted on in crucial moments.
But he shone like a star during the World Cup.

Oh wait...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #7450
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's the Oiler way to assume sunshine and rainbows and cup parades are on their horizon. They don't know anything else.

It's out of the realm of possibility in their minds that there is anything less waiting for them.

Even though their franchise player became uninspiringly average in the most important games, logic dictates it means nothing and he will still carry the team to the promised land. Surely.

You see last season was more than a one-off season. It was the turning of a corner, for good. The long awaited sign that the Oilers would soon pass the rest of the NHL in the both the micro and macro senses. Because you see, the Oilers are exempt from flash in the pan seasons. That only happens to other teams. It's law of the hockey gods. And their dark years are over for good, because...

Because McDavid. And it's destiny.

The dynasty awaits... are you ready?

(Literally the impression/message I get from every blog post, news column, blurb I see out of that city. And we wonder why they are delusional.)
Old 07-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #7451
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
It's the Oiler way to assume sunshine and rainbows and cup parades are on their horizon. They don't know anything else.

It's out of the realm of possibility in their minds that there is anything less waiting for them.

Even though their franchise player became uninspiringly average in the most important games, logic dictates it means nothing and he will still carry the team to the promised land. Surely.

You see last season was more than a one-off season. It was the turning of a corner, for good. The long awaited sign that the Oilers would soon pass the rest of the NHL in the both the micro and macro senses. Because you see, the Oilers are exempt from flash in the pan seasons. That only happens to other teams. It's law of the hockey gods. And their dark years are over for good, because...

Because McDavid. And it's destiny.

(Literally the impression/message I get from every blog post, news column, blurb I see out of that city. And we wonder why they are delusional.)
In some ways you can't blame the fans up there. The media up there, whether it be Stauffer, Spector, Jones or Matheson, are so busy blowing sunshine up the Oilers and Eskimos asses and so frigging scared to write or say anything negative about an Edmonton sports team for fear of being blackballed amongst all the shills up there that the fans take it all as the gospel truth!! When was the last time an Edmonton sports reporter asked a "tough" question in a press conference?? Unfortunately the idiot fans up there are just easily brainwashed by the "shill" media in that city.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #7452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When the Oiler hype train hits reality this year

Then Oiler fans

Then AlbertaOiler72 or whatever his handle is

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #7453
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

Because McDavid.And it's destiny.

I agree destiny awaits.....unfortunately that destiny does not include dynasty!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #7454
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

With Sekera out, their defence is pretty much a house of cards. One injury and you'll really see them struggle. Maybe even without one.

They've loaded and loaded up on the front end over the years (and it still isn't that impressive), while trying to pass off middle of the road d-men signings to fill their top 4 and play above what they should be. So when the inevitable injuries hit, and they have AHL quality d-men playing regular shifts because they don't have any depth, they'll understand why Calgary continued to pushed over the past couple seasons to fill their top 5 the way they have, and just how important that is to winning.

You can't skip a legitimate top pairing and d depth on the way to contending. At some point, that fact is going to hit them in the side of the head like a rock. They are not nearly as close as they believe they are. And I personally find it amusing.

Last edited by djsFlames; 07-16-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #7455
Lonestar
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Marino and the Dolphins

Nolan Ryan and every team he played for.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #7456
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oiler fans buy whatever the media feeds them.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #7457
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Marino and the Dolphins
Josie and the Pussycats
Harry and the Henderson's
George and the Jetsons
Oprah and the Winfrey's

The Following User Says Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #7458
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXon View Post
Josie and the Pussycats
Harry and the Henderson's
George and the Jetsons
Oprah and the Winfrey's

Barbarino had Horshack, Epstein and Washington.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #7459
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
I agree destiny awaits.....unfortunately that destiny does not include dynasty!
More like the DYNASTY OF SUCK is alive and well !

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #7460
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Barbarino had Horshack, Epstein and Washington.

HAHAHAHAHA Oh wow.. I haven't seen a Kotter reference in a long, LONG time

Hahahahahaha We olde.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread