Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #5261
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.d2f41f820929

Quote:
Trump’s firing of FBI Director James B. Comey last month and the escalating probe into Russian interference in the presidential election have made hiring even more difficult, say former federal officials, party activists, lobbyists and candidates who Trump officials have tried to recruit.

Republicans say they are turning down job offers to work for a chief executive whose volatile temperament makes them nervous. They are asking head-hunters if their reputations could suffer permanent damage, according to 27 people The Washington Post interviewed to assess what is becoming a debilitating factor in recruiting political appointees.
Quote:
Potential candidates are watching Trump’s behavior and monitoring his treatment of senior officials. “Trump is becoming radioactive, and it’s accelerating,” said Bill Valdez, a former senior Energy Department official who is now president of the Senior Executives Association, which represents 6,000 top federal leaders.

“He just threw Jeff Sessions under the bus,” Valdez said, referring to recent reports that the president is furious at the attorney general for recusing himself from the Russia investigation. “If you’re working with a boss who doesn’t have your back, you have no confidence in working with that individual.”
Quote:
Another person in line for a senior legal post who pulled out after Comey’s firing said, “I decided, ‘What am I doing this for?’ ”

He described a disorganized paperwork process that threatened to leave him unprepared for Senate confirmation, and said he was disgusted that Rosenstein was “hung out to dry” as the president claimed at first that the deputy attorney general orchestrated Comey’s firing.

“You sit on the tarmac for quite some time, you see smoke coming out of the engine and you say, ‘I’m going back to the gate,’ ” he said.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #5262
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nightmare fuel. Not sure how sensitive we are to women in bathing suits, so I'll put this behind NSFW.
NSFW!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #5263
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

^
That is pretty damn disturbing.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #5264
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, the chins just keep on going and going...
Old 06-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #5265
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Last edited by DownInFlames; 06-18-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #5266
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, my dad is one of those willfully ignorant Trump supporters, so I can see exactly how the Democrats are going to lose the next election. Apparently Trump has gotten more done so far than Obama ever did and he'd have gotten even more done if it weren't for those damn Democrats. Oh, and thank God for Fox News (especially Tucker Carlson) because they'd be screwed down there without it.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #5267
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Exactly, it doesn't matter what they're doing, it only matters what voters think they're doing.

And they're being told "the left" is unhinged and violent, which is why ads like this will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #5268
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Man, my dad is one of those willfully ignorant Trump supporters, so I can see exactly how the Democrats are going to lose the next election. Apparently Trump has gotten more done so far than Obama ever did and he'd have gotten even more done if it weren't for those damn Democrats. Oh, and thank God for Fox News (especially Tucker Carlson) because they'd be screwed down there without it.
I have an uncle who is similar. His ridiculous right-wing memes kept popping up in my Facebook newsfeed, so I ended up blocking him. One time I commented on one of his idiotic posts with actual facts and what I figured was a very convincing counter argument. And yea, he didn't take that very well.

He and your dad should hang out sometime. They'd probably become instant best friends.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #5269
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I have an uncle who is similar. His ridiculous right-wing memes kept popping up in my Facebook newsfeed, so I ended up blocking him. One time I commented on one of his idiotic posts with actual facts and what I figured was a very convincing counter argument. And yea, he didn't take that very well.

He and your dad should hang out sometime. They'd probably become instant best friends.
I don't bother debating with my dad because he's just bought in so hard to this stuff that it's like talking to a brick wall. He's also really racist but him being a racist and a Trump supporter must be a total coincidence apparently.

There was a funny moment today when he said to me "You're probably a Democrat," and I said "Oh God no, they're too far to the right for my liking."
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #5270
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

But what you guys are saying is, the republicans are supported by old white racists, that aren't big on critical thinking. That's good, because their support will soon die out, and I mean no ill will towards your families. Just that the demographics are changing with time.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #5271
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

Maybe you guys are cousins.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #5272
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
That's good, because their support will soon die out, and I mean no ill will towards your families. Just that the demographics are changing with time.
This is exactly what I thought fifteen or twenty years ago when I argued with religious people about gay marriage. "If we can just make this opinion publicly unacceptable to hold, the homophobes will all just keep it to themselves and slowly die off." I suspect others had similar thoughts about holocaust denial and neo-nazism, especially in mainland Europe... It doesn't actually work that way.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 AM   #5273
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So he deleted this one, so let's baseless-ly speculate shall we? I'm gonna say he was ordered by his other lawyers to delete this one.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #5274
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This is exactly what I thought fifteen or twenty years ago when I argued with religious people about gay marriage. "If we can just make this opinion publicly unacceptable to hold, the homophobes will all just keep it to themselves and slowly die off." I suspect others had similar thoughts about holocaust denial and neo-nazism, especially in mainland Europe... It doesn't actually work that way.
It does marginalize beliefs though. Generational change is probably the least invasive type of social change and the most effective. Its where well funded public education is so important. Now that the US is failing at that you might continue to see these types of beliefs propagate but if you can avoid brainwashing kids to hate things it really does move things forward quickly.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #5275
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
So he deleted this one, so let's baseless-ly speculate shall we? I'm gonna say he was ordered by his other lawyers to delete this one.

I thought he wasn't allowed to delete anything?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 AM   #5276
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It does marginalize beliefs though. Generational change is probably the least invasive type of social change and the most effective.
It is, however, it has to happen organically to actually be effective - I don't think attempts to force certain beliefs to the background where they can fester helps as much as it hurts. People seem to congregate around the ideas and convince themselves that they're right but they're being suppressed by the establishment. Outlawing holocaust denial has actually allowed a resurgence in white nationalism in Europe.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #5277
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Those religious people, would be say my grandparents, not acceptable to gays because of jesus.
Next generation (my parents), more acceptable to gays, less acceptable to religion.
Me and wife, completely acceptable to gays, completely unacceptable to discrimination and bias towards other because of people believing in fairy tales, and thinking they should affect others lives.
My kid, part of group at school ( I think lgbt alliance) at high school, that would help gays be a part of main stream life in school. Way too rational, logical, civilized etc. to believe fairy tales are real, and should have any affect on others lives.

There you go, it does work that way, and even though it takes time to propagate.

Last edited by DuffMan; 06-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #5278
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I was trying to clean up some old recordings I had, yesterday, and started watching a Vice special, "A house divided". Was on awhile ago.
Anyways, listening to Obama again....It just blows my mind how much more intelligent and articulate he is than Trump, thoroughly, blows my mind.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #5279
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I thought he wasn't allowed to delete anything?
That has stopped him when?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #5280
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tapatalk always shows the last image of each thread when browsing. I never want to see that Trump bathing suit picture again, so I give you an emu
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms