Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 AM   #1301
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was the highest football player attended super bowl champs visit ever. PERIOD
Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #1302
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!
Yes, a lot of accomplishments, besides the SC, there is ah,.......um........ah.......
Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #1303
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Trump was the one promising all these deadlines for certain things during the campaign. The media should be asking him what happened to those promises. There will be crickets, of course. The guy is a liar and a con man.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #1304
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
While the side by side photographic comparison was misleading, the actual facts of there being much less players than the Obama White House visit is true.

A Patriots spokesman, Stacey James, said Wednesday night that 34 players had attended, similar to the turnout when President George W. Bush hosted them in 2004 and 2005. He said that more than 45 players attended the ceremonies in 2002, after the franchise’s first Super Bowl, and that in 2015, when Barack Obama was president, the number of players approached 50.

not only that, a large number of patriots players have verbally gone on record and expressed the reason that they did not attend was because of Trump and his divisive politics.

An NFL roster is 68 players. Obama got 50... So while you call it "partisan crap", in terms of actual number of players is fact.

you go ahead an find me a single player for previous SuperBowl winning teams whose players stated on record that they didn't attend because they hated Clinton or even Bush for that matter.

Finally, they don't need "partisan crap designed to embarrass Trump".... Dear Leader and Spicey and KAC do a better job of doing that on their own thank you very much.
I don't disagee with what you are saying here however bad journalism from good sources should be called out. I expect the Times and WaPo not to do this kind of thing so when you reference them they are credible sources. This type of journalism hurts their credibility and should be called out.

That doesn't mean Trump isn't a moron and lots of people dislike him. Despite that being true we should be calling out the bad journalism.

Tim Thomas is the name that immediately comes to mind for refusing presidential visits of Obama. Not NFL but I am lazy and don't feel like looking.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #1305
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

We all know Trump is a liar and extreme narcissist. His latest claim in Italy is he is great friends of Pavarotti, despite the opera singer being dead for over 10 years. Video of the speech in link.

Quote:
United States President Donald Trump hit the wrong note during a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni on Thursday, when he boasted about being great friends with opera singer Luciano Pavarotti, who happens to have died in 2007. Trump appeared to have been reading from a prepared speech praising Italy’s “artistic and scientific achievement that continues today”, when he suddenly went off script, as he is wont to do.

“From Venice to Florence to Verdi to Pavarotti – friend of mine. Great friend of mine,” he said.

Death notwithstanding, the claim also struck some as especially odd because Pavarotti’s family had in July 21, 2016, asked Trump to stop using Pavarotti’s famous recording of Puccini’s Nessun Dorma during his campaign events saying the singer would not have approved of the Republican. Pavarotti’s family had said, “the values of brotherhood and solidarity which Luciano Pavarotti expressed throughout the course of his artistic career are entirely incompatible with the worldview offered by the candidate Donald Trump.”
Anyone want to get the seance started to confirm with Pavarotti? lol

https://scroll.in/latest/835222/dona...-dead-10-years

A conference of mental health experts at conference going on at Yale's School of Medicine are also advising he has a 'dangerous mental illness'
Quote:
Donald Trump has a “dangerous mental illness” and is not fit to lead the US, a group of psychiatrists has warned during a conference at Yale University.

Mental health experts claimed the President was “paranoid and delusional”, and said it was their “ethical responsibility” to warn the American public about the “dangers” Mr Trump’s psychological state poses to the country.

Speaking at the conference at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday, one of the mental health professionals, Dr John Gartner, a practising psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, said: “We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump's dangerous mental illness.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7694316.html

Definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Quote:
Narcissistic personality disorder is indicated by five or more of the following symptoms:

Exaggerates own importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
  • Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions
  • Requires constant attention and admiration from others
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
  • Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
  • Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
  • Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes
https://www.psychologytoday.com/cond...ality-disorder

Last edited by FlameOn; 04-21-2017 at 09:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #1306
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Trump was the one promising all these deadlines for certain things during the campaign. The media should be asking him what happened to those promises. There will be crickets, of course. The guy is a liar and a con man.
they must be sick and tired of all the winning.

Quote:
We’re going to win. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at trade, we’re going to win at the border. We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning, you’re going to come to me and go ‘Please, please, we can’t win anymore.’ You’ve heard this one. You’ll say ‘Please, Mr. President, we beg you sir, we don’t want to win anymore. It’s too much. It’s not fair to everybody else.’” Trump said. “And I’m going to say ‘I’m sorry, but we’re going to keep winning, winning, winning, We’re going to make America great again.”
Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #1307
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I don't disagee with what you are saying here however bad journalism from good sources should be called out. I expect the Times and WaPo not to do this kind of thing so when you reference them they are credible sources. This type of journalism hurts their credibility and should be called out.

That doesn't mean Trump isn't a moron and lots of people dislike him. Despite that being true we should be calling out the bad journalism.

Tim Thomas is the name that immediately comes to mind for refusing presidential visits of Obama. Not NFL but I am lazy and don't feel like looking.
i don't know how these things evolve, whether the photos are official releases from the White House or the Patriots...

in today's day and age, newspapers definitely need to ensure that they are accurate and do their due diligence, especially with the current political climate.

it should be noted that the quote from the Patriots spokesperson that provided the actual player numbers were, in fact, in that NYTimes article with the pictures had that information...the image is missing that caveat, particularly in their tweet IIRC, so that context should have been added and the editors need to be more diligent in ensuring there is a protocol prior to releasing this kind of article as it will be a lightning rod for attention

Tim Thomas (crazy) and Matt Birk (pro-life) are the only two athletes i could find that skipped the WH visit for publicly stated political reasons prior to this (both under the Obama White House)...

While the NYTimes does need to do a better job of vetting their information, especially as probably one of the most respected newspapers out there, it does bring up a point of contention for me.

Why should the NYTimes be held to a standard that Brietbart and Infowars or Fox News (excepting Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith possibly) are not held to? When the POTUS is calling news media "Fake News" simply because he disagrees with their coverage, that has a major impact on the legitimacy of the press as a whole and is a assault on the constitution itself.

I used to have faith in people to actually have some degree of critical thinking, to be able to parse fact from fiction... Trump's election has me re-calibrating that assumption.

While the Democrats have their issues, they are far and away better than what I've seen of the GOP

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-21-2017 at 09:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #1308
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It is fake news. It's comparing the crowds using to different reference points to try to show that Trump isn't popular. It was poorly researched partisan crap designed to embarass Trump. We should stand up and complain about this when it occurs.

The Times misled its readers.
By all means let's fill the airwaves with arguments over the number of Patriots visiting the Whitehouse. Anything to distract from the ever-growing number of scandals and general incompetence we see from the Trump Administration.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1309
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Why should the NYTimes be held to a standard that Brietbart and Infowars or Fox News (excepting Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith possibly) are not held to?
Because they ARE the New York Times.
The Following User Says Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #1310
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Because they ARE the New York Times.
for all the good that's done them... the POTUS still calls them out as 'fake news' regardless of facts...which is disturbing.

What's more disturbing is the notion of the "left wing Media" and how a large portion of the GOP base buys into it
Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #1311
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

One more thing on the list of things that Trump said he'd do early on.

President-elect Donald Trump was very clear: “I will appoint a team to give me a plan within 90 days of taking office,” he said in January, after getting a U.S. intelligence assessment of Russian interference in last year’s elections and promising to address cybersecurity.

Thursday, Trump hits his 90-day mark. There is no team, there is no plan, and there is no clear answer from the White House on who would even be working on what.

It’s the latest deadline Trump’s set and missed — from the press conference he said his wife would hold last fall to answer questions about her original immigration process to the plan to defeat ISIS that he’d said would come within his first 30 days in office.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...hackers-237385
Old 04-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #1312
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

speaking of Trump, Fox, Breitbart, I was reading this earlier. An interesting article.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...journal-215035
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #1313
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

As we get to 100 days they have not managed to pass even one significant piece of legislation. The 100 days is important not just because of appearances of a functioning (or not) government but laws need to be passed in that time for them to start to have an impact prior to the mid-terms. Though in this case seeing as they want to do away with a law more popular than them that might be a good thing for the GOP...
Old 04-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #1314
photon

Exp:

After reading Alex Jones say "I urge the press to be respectful and responsible", my head exploded.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/329...l-of-my-family
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #1315
photon

Exp:

House reps asking Trump to provide proof he's doing what he says he'd do with respect to profits from his hotel.

https://thinkprogress.org/house-over...n-cf1f413eec39
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...profits-237465

-----

The Trump administration has moved a second career government employee out of a top advisory role amid pressure from conservative media outlets that have publicly targeted individual staffers, questioning their loyalty to the new administration.

Some State Department officials believe the individual, Sahar Nowrouzzadeh, was shifted because of the media attacks and are alarmed at the message such a move sends to Civil and Foreign Service employees, who are supposed to be protected by law from political retaliation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...artment-237466

-----

House investigation into Russia influence finally seems to have moved past Nunes' attempts to stall it.

The House Intelligence Committee said on Friday that it had invited three former officials with knowledge of Russia's interference in the US election to testify in an open hearing in May, over a month after the committee's chairman first scrapped the session.

"Yesterday, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence sent two letters related to its investigation into Russian active measures during the 2016 election campaign," Emily Hytha, a spokeswoman for Republican Rep. Mike Conaway, said on Friday.

"The first letter was sent to FBI Director James Comey and National Security Advisor Admiral Mike Rogers, inviting them to appear at a closed hearing on May 2, 2017," Hytha said. "The second letter was sent to former CIA Director John Brennan, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates inviting them to appear at an open hearing to be scheduled after May 2nd."

The letters appear to mark the end of an impasse that emerged late last month, when the committee's chairman, Devin Nunes, accused Democrats of not signing a letter inviting Comey to testify before the committee in a closed session. Democrats said they did not support substituting an open hearing with a closed one and had been pushing to reschedule the open session with Yates, Brennan, and Clapper that Nunes had scrapped.

http://www.businessinsider.com/house...hearing-2017-4
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-in...investigation/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #1316
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Edit: sorry, I'm cranky. Bugs the crap out of me that the term fake news has morphed into "I disagree with this." It trivialises the term.
Well that's basically how the Trump administration has used it. Fake news = things that make the Trump admin look bad.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #1317
Illuminaughty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
for all the good that's done them... the POTUS still calls them out as 'fake news' regardless of facts...which is disturbing.

What's more disturbing is the notion of the "left wing Media" and how a large portion of the GOP base buys into it
You can't be serious. Most mainstream media has a very clear left of center lean to it, same with Hollywood and entertainment in general. If you are a right winger, there really isn't much for you in the media.

The media has been pretty hard on Trump, some of it justified and some of it not.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #1318
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminaughty View Post
You can't be serious. Most mainstream media has a very clear left of center lean to it, same with Hollywood and entertainment in general. If you are a right winger, there really isn't much for you in the media.

The media has been pretty hard on Trump, some of it justified and some of it not.
The lean of the media really depends on where you put the line in the middle. If you use Regan as the definition of right the current media has a right lean economically
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #1319
Illuminaughty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The lean of the media really depends on where you put the line in the middle. If you use Regan as the definition of right the current media has a right lean economically
What? I suppose there does need to be a clearly defined middle. I think it's pretty clear that there is currently more government regulation economically then in Regans time. Politics has continually been moving further to the left as a whole on the spectrum since as well.

It is pretty obvious that the number of left leaning media outnumbers that of the right.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #1320
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminaughty View Post
What? I suppose there does need to be a clearly defined middle. I think it's pretty clear that there is currently more government regulation economically then in Regans time. Politics has continually been moving further to the left as a whole on the spectrum since as well.

It is pretty obvious that the number of left leaning media outnumbers that of the right.
First, let me be very clear: Lobstero's Lobster Packs are much more than just a lobster in a plastic bag. These pouches contain specially conditioned saltwater designed to preserve your lobster's unique qualities. Each pouch allows our lobster to interface directly with our supply chain, ensuring that Lobstero pouches are never more than three-days old.

Squeezing the lobster out of the pack will startle it, possibly injuring it in the process. The Lobstero Home Lobster Station gently applies pressure to the back of the pouch, easing the lobster out of its pouch and into your favorite dish.

Lobstero's Lobster Packs work in conjunction with the Lobstero Home Lobster Station to check the freshness information of your pouch and guarantee the maximum lobster experience possible. If there is a recall on dangerous or angry lobsters, we can send out a signal to our WiFi enable Lobstero Home Lobster Stations to refuse to open the pouch. Keep in mind, the Lobstero does not cook, refrigerate, or freeze a Lobster Pack. But it delivers fresh lobster from our patented Lobster Pack to your kitchen whenever you want a fresh lobster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms