Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #1281
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never seen it, but I'm going to just assume it's two horizontal bars, green on bottom, blue on top, with a ukulele in the middle.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #1282
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nope, it's got the Union Jack on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #1283
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

well that's disappointing.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #1284
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

I'm really enjoying watching the GOP implode on health care.

Obama made a shrewd politicial move (regardless of if that was his intention) to pass a right-wing healthcare bill with the ACA.
The GOP, determined to oppose him at all costs, have been making nonsensical ideological arguments against Bob Dole's healthcare plan for a decade. now that they're in power, they need to keep holding the principled stances they've made for a decade, while trying to harmonize the abject lack of integrity.
Spoiler!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #1285
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Is he going to lie about this crowd size too?

Fake news

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/pat...124629879.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #1286
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

God. Dammit. It is not fake news. I swear to Christ do we have to cover this every time? Once again for the cheap seats:

Fake news is "Hillary and Dem leadership run a child sex ring out of a pizza shop". It is not "Patriots and Trump disagree with a photograph".

Edit: sorry, I'm cranky. Bugs the crap out of me that the term fake news has morphed into "I disagree with this." It trivialises the term.

Last edited by ResAlien; 04-20-2017 at 07:43 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #1287
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump on his ACA repeal v2 for next week

Quote:
"The plan gets better and better and better, and it's gotten really good and a lot of people are liking it a lot," Trump said at a news conference on Thursday. "We have a good chance of getting it soon. I'd like to say next week, but we will get it."
Hahahahahahaha
He has no clue what's in it or any of the details.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #1288
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
God. Dammit. It is not fake news. I swear to Christ do we have to cover this every time? Once again for the cheap seats:

Fake news is "Hillary and Dem leadership run a child sex ring out of a pizza shop". It is not "Patriots and Trump disagree with a photograph".

Edit: sorry, I'm cranky. Bugs the crap out of me that the term fake news has morphed into "I disagree with this." It trivialises the term.
It is fake news. It's comparing the crowds using to different reference points to try to show that Trump isn't popular. It was poorly researched partisan crap designed to embarass Trump. We should stand up and complain about this when it occurs.

The Times misled its readers.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #1289
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It is fake news. It's comparing the crowds using to different reference points to try to show that Trump isn't popular. It was poorly researched partisan crap designed to embarass Trump. We should stand up and complain about this when it occurs.

You're making a compelling argument for why the term "fake news" has lost all meaning. Editorial slant is not fake news. More players did not attend than last time, the reason for why they didn't attend is up for debate but the numbers are concrete.

http://www.snopes.com/patriots-white-house-attendance/

I suppose the term has been lost already.

Last edited by ResAlien; 04-20-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #1290
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Trump on his ACA repeal v2 for next week

Hahahahahahaha
He has no clue what's in it or any of the details.
He has no clue about anything. Health care, foreign policy, immigration, governing a country... he's completely clueless and ignorant on pretty much all of it. And yet 46% of the country voted for this assclown. Five months later and I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that that we're living in this f---ed up reality. It truly is the movie Idiocracy come to life.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #1291
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

At this rate Canada's population will swell to 50 million by the end of Trump's presidential term.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #1292
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

While the side by side photographic comparison was misleading, the actual facts of there being much less players than the Obama White House visit is true.

A Patriots spokesman, Stacey James, said Wednesday night that 34 players had attended, similar to the turnout when President George W. Bush hosted them in 2004 and 2005. He said that more than 45 players attended the ceremonies in 2002, after the franchise’s first Super Bowl, and that in 2015, when Barack Obama was president, the number of players approached 50.

not only that, a large number of patriots players have verbally gone on record and expressed the reason that they did not attend was because of Trump and his divisive politics.

An NFL roster is 68 players. Obama got 50... So while you call it "partisan crap", in terms of actual number of players is fact.

you go ahead an find me a single player for previous SuperBowl winning teams whose players stated on record that they didn't attend because they hated Clinton or even Bush for that matter.

Finally, they don't need "partisan crap designed to embarrass Trump".... Dear Leader and Spicey and KAC do a better job of doing that on their own thank you very much.

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-20-2017 at 11:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #1293
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
you go ahead an find me a single player for previous SuperBowl winning teams whose players stated on record that they didn't attend because they hated Clinton or even Bush for that matter.
It happens..

http://theweek.com/articles/460872/1...it-white-house
http://www.newsweek.com/athletes-who...-visits-555241
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #1294
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

sure, and no one was suggesting it doesn't; during Obama's year 18 players didn't make it either.

the argument was a) Less players attended Trump's gathering than Obama's (34 vs 50) directly from the Patriots spokesperson and b) A number of those players didn't attend as a political statement. And a statement that they were willing to go on record with.

your link only one player, Tim Thomas, didn't attend due to publicly stated political motivations.

Just off the top of my head, i know McCourty, Branch and Bennett all spoke publicly about not attending the White House because of Trump's divisive style of politics and rhetoric

edit: Matt Birk didn't attend also due to his opposition to Obama's pro choice admin

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-20-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #1295
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
White House could provoke a spending showdown over funding for border wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.26961dfbb31a

Quote:
White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said Thursday that he hopes to use negotiations to keep the government open past April 28 in an effort to force Democrats to back some funding for creating a new wall along the U. S-Mexico border — a risky move that could provoke a spending showdown with congressional Democrats next week.

Mulvaney said the White House would be open to funding some of the Democrats’ priorities — such as paying insurance subsidies under the Affordable Care Act — if Democrats agree to fund some of the more controversial parts of President Trump’s agenda, notably the border wall.
Quote:
“Everything had been moving smoothly until the administration moved in with a heavy hand,” said Matt House, a spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.). “Not only are Democrats opposed to the wall, there is significant Republican opposition as well.”
Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #1296
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

What, they're not getting Mexico to pay for it anymore?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #1297
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
While the side by side photographic comparison was misleading, the actual facts of there being much less players than the Obama White House visit is true.

A Patriots spokesman, Stacey James, said Wednesday night that 34 players had attended, similar to the turnout when President George W. Bush hosted them in 2004 and 2005. He said that more than 45 players attended the ceremonies in 2002, after the franchise’s first Super Bowl, and that in 2015, when Barack Obama was president, the number of players approached 50.

not only that, a large number of patriots players have verbally gone on record and expressed the reason that they did not attend was because of Trump and his divisive politics.

An NFL roster is 68 players. Obama got 50... So while you call it "partisan crap", in terms of actual number of players its fact.

Finally, they don't need "partisan crap designed to embarrass Trump".... Dear Leader and Spicey and KAC do a better job of doing that on their own thank you very much.
sorry but what about the photo is misleading?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #1298
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Hahaha. You bought that. Priceless
Old 04-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #1299
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
sorry but what about the photo is misleading?
apparently the photo in 2015 had additional support staff, whereas the 2017 was players only...

so the discrepancy, and there was one, was magnified because not only was the 2017 photo missing 16 players, it also had a bunch of the football operations staff that were not in the photo

The fact remains, less players were at Trump's compared to Obama's White House.

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-20-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #1300
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

far less players went...so they brought some warm bodies this time so it didn't look as bad

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms