Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #61
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
It sounds like you aren't moving the headset up to your face? With the button on the bottom?

I've owned Oculus, Vive, and now PSVR. They all have the dive mask feel and of the three, the PSVR actually has the least "screen door effect" because you can move the screen back and forth. Have you adjusted the screen position away from or closer to your eyes? This is the best mounting system I've had out of all the above.

My main problem is the pixel pitch/resolution issues but its comparable to the Vive, if only slightly lower. The main thing is the black levels of the screen are terrible. In dark scenes in games, you still get constantly lit pixels just colored dark. It's like the first gen LCD TVs where everything was a shimmering gray instead of actual black which they now do by selectively turning off certain pixels in dark areas of the TV screen.

For issues with focus, try closing one eye at at time while moving the headset around and back and forth until it's sharp in one eye. Then open the other eye and try the same. If it's not working, have you tried adjusting the eye distance setting?

PSVR's focus is a combination of the button on the bottom of the screen which moves the unit back and forth and measuring your eye distance with the PS camera (it's an app in the settings).
I've tried it all!! That's why I'm so frustrated.

Maybe I'll just have to wait till later iterations.

Anyone looking to buy?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #62
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I've tried it all!! That's why I'm so frustrated.

Maybe I'll just have to wait till later iterations.

Anyone looking to buy?
There's also these post about PS Pro improving clarity from Reddit. I don't know how accurate this is or if they have patched all the games. Sounds like possible placebo effect to me.

"My PSVR was delivered on launch day, and I put maybe thirty hours into it before I got my Pro. There was a noticeable difference, especially in games that were patched. It might only be a 10% boost in clarity, but that makes all the difference in VR. VR through the Pro feels more immersive, and because everything is clearer, I can stay in there for longer periods of time without any discomfort.

For me, I bought the Pro largely for the PSVR upgrade it would provide, and I couldn't be happier."

Other comments in the thread seem to confirm sharper games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/commen...did_you_see_a/
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #63
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

My money is on faulty hardware. I could see if you were one of those resolution savants that can tell 1079 from 1080, but you sound more like me.

There's that one screen meant for calibration that's just text (I'm sure you've seen it)... is that screen fuzzy?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #64
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Is it just me or is the headband really tight? I have a smaller head but when put it on, I never have to use the adjustment dial. It's already tight. I wish it would start ratcheting before it was snug.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #65
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Is it just me or is the headband really tight? I have a smaller head but when put it on, I never have to use the adjustment dial. It's already tight. I wish it would start ratcheting before it was snug.
I never had to use the dial. It is tight enough when I put it on (but comfortable enough that it isn't an issue).
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #66
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anybody diving into RE7 yet?
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #67
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

https://www.twitch.tv/mikepeterson91

This guy streamed it in VR while on LSD last night!
Old 01-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #68
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

silentsim got a copy. I give him 20 minutes.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #69
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I played about 3 hours in VR last night. Had an absolute blast. I have been prone to motion sickness before, but had no problems.

Game has been FANTASTIC so far.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #70
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The game is still in packaging and I am scared. Over under set to 10 minutes
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #71
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

RE7 Is VR compatible?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #72
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
RE7 Is VR compatible?
It's the first big game that can be played entirely within VR. Apparently it's the (pants-shi**ingly) definitive way to play it.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #73
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
I played about 3 hours in VR last night. Had an absolute blast. I have been prone to motion sickness before, but had no problems.

Game has been FANTASTIC so far.
Also, if you aren't using it already, I think there's a setting to turn off the mask which gives you more peripheral vision. If you don't have any motion sickness, you could try turning it off.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #74
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I may have to try RE7 just to make sure....

I'm scared already.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #75
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Also, if you aren't using it already, I think there's a setting to turn off the mask which gives you more peripheral vision. If you don't have any motion sickness, you could try turning it off.
I thought that was in place to present the motion sickness?

On a side note I finished the game last night, probably an even split 50/50 on VR to TV. What a game, VR awesomeness aside, up there with REmake and RE4 (maybe even ahead of 4)

This will be the game to show to your friends your VR setup
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #76
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I may be misunderstanding your post Job, but I believe having something stationary on the screen is one of the big factors in eliminating motion sickness. It's why cockpit games seem to get away with wild movement and why you have a "beak" in Eagle Flight.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #77
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
I thought that was in place to present the motion sickness?

On a side note I finished the game last night, probably an even split 50/50 on VR to TV. What a game, VR awesomeness aside, up there with REmake and RE4 (maybe even ahead of 4)

This will be the game to show to your friends your VR setup
Doing just this. Getting a group of friends together and we're going to play through the whole thing together.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #78
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anybody is still looking for a launch bundle I happened to notice that they had one at Marlborough WalMart today.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #79
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm contemplating on selling my VR bundle. Nothing wrong with it, just not using it as much as I'd like and need money for this summers projects. $650 and will throw in a charge station
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #80
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just picked up one yesterday from EB Games. they have the bundle for $700, and comes with Until Dawn.

It took me awhile to hit the VR sweet spot with my glasses though. I really couldn't get it to focus properly at first, but after playing around with the settings and the unit itself, it turns out I was wearing the visor too low, and so was looking at the lens at too high of a position. Once i adjusted it to the middle, everything looked good.

This is my first experience with VR, and I must say, I really like it. Love how immersive it makes the games.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote