Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #1201
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Have gotten 3 Fang of Ir Yut's. No Abyss, no Oversoul and no Word of Crota.
Only missing Song of Ir Yut and Swordbreaker from Normal Mode.

The new end game for Destiny? Gathering motes of light and rolling Iron Banner Weapons. Ridiculously addicting. It'll be silly if Bungie starts implementing it in other ways like using commendations for it. The grind continues...

My rolls from Iron Banner:

Efrideet's Spear x2
Spray&Play/Armor Piercing/Last Round
Surplus/Field Scout/Outlaw

Radegast Fury
Grenade&Horseshoe/Field Scout/Spray&Play

Felwinter's Lie x2
Who's Next or Cascade/Hammer Forged/Shot Package

Just waiting on Jolder's Hammer next...only have like 10 motes left.
I opted out of IB this time around. I've hit rank 5 twice previously. Maybe I'll go for it again next time. We'll see. I don't get why IB has to run the same bounties over and over again. The very first IB was the best because it had so many interesting bounties from day to day. Then after that, they moved into this less fun format, where everyone uses auto rifles and machine guns. Implementation of medals for each loss was a good change at least.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #1202
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Met an actual Raid whore named C-Hill who helped us beat Crota HM tonight ..............i think I'm in love
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #1203
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dinged 20 tonight. Sitting at 22 now with a few light pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 AM   #1204
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Met an actual Raid whore named C-Hill who helped us beat Crota HM tonight ..............i think I'm in love
The hate for Crota flows strong through that one
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #1205
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

So either the game has been really good to me, or this thread has given me good luck, because almost every weapon I've wanted (and asked for on this thread) seems to be coming my way. We downed Crota last night, and he dropped a Word of Crota AND a 3rd Gjallarhorn for me for kicks and giggles. I guess I should keep posting my weapons wish list here. C'mmmoonnnn Hard Light, Red Death and Crux!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #1206
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
So either the game has been really good to me, or this thread has given me good luck, because almost every weapon I've wanted (and asked for on this thread) seems to be coming my way. We downed Crota last night, and he dropped a Word of Crota AND a 3rd Gjallarhorn for me for kicks and giggles. I guess I should keep posting my weapons wish list here. C'mmmoonnnn Hard Light, Red Death and Crux!
No one likes you.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #1207
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

After taking a few games to get adjusted to how the pvp works in Destiny, I'm starting to dominate pretty hard, despite my lack of top tier gear. Went 28-4 in a game last night with a green pulse rifle and shotgun.

I've played Halo multi-player for years, even to the point of playing in a few tournaments.

Actually really liking the play style, it's a refreshing twist on a FPS, and I have to say out playing someone with a distinct weapon advantage is satisfying.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #1208
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
After taking a few games to get adjusted to how the pvp works in Destiny, I'm starting to dominate pretty hard, despite my lack of top tier gear. Went 28-4 in a game last night with a green pulse rifle and shotgun.

I've played Halo multi-player for years, even to the point of playing in a few tournaments.

Actually really liking the play style, it's a refreshing twist on a FPS, and I have to say out playing someone with a distinct weapon advantage is satisfying.
As soon as I get my exotic bounties to the Crucible stage, I'll pay you in beer to come finish them for me.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #1209
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you elaborate a bit on the exotics, and how you get them? Is it a quest progression?

A friend of mine has kind of explained the process, but I'm still confused (just started playing last weekend).

I chose to go Hunter (blade dancer).

Old 02-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #1210
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If you are referring to my "exotic bounties", each time you complete a bounty you have a small chance (1%?) to get an exotic bounty from the postmaster.

These are long quest chains with multiple requirements that reward you with an exotic weapon.

Here is an example: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Toland%27s_Legacy

This is one of the ones that I have. The annoying part is that they all seem to have a crucible requirement.

I tend to only have 30 minutes a night to play or so, and don't want to devote a month to getting good at Crucible, so I'm debating trashing these bounties.

There are, of course, other (easier) ways to get exotics. Either through drops in raids or buying them from Xur with Strange Coins.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #1211
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeez that pulse rifle looks amazing.

Can you buy it with strange coins, or is it by completing the chain only?

Happy to help in the crucible, it's what I enjoy most anyways. I've got a few friends who are pretty good as well who would help.

Only requirement is call outs and having fun.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #1212
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't know if Xur has ever sold it. I'm a noobie as well (started in January). The only thing i've bought from Xur was the Icebreaker (which was FAR and AWAY, my best purchase so far).

Are you on PS4, PS3, XB1 or X360?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #1213
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on xbox one.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #1214
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

awesome. You should add me. same name as here - canehdianman.

There are a few others on here that are on XB1, a search through the thread should fine most of them. The one I see on most often is Blaster86.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #1215
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Can you elaborate a bit on the exotics, and how you get them? Is it a quest progression?

A friend of mine has kind of explained the process, but I'm still confused (just started playing last weekend).

I chose to go Hunter (blade dancer).
Exotics are simply yellow gear. Can be purchased from Xur, dropped from completing nightfall/roc strikes, from various parts of the raid, and occasionally (or I should say VERY RARELY) a purple engram will turn into an exotic.

The are also exotic bounties that occasionally drop on you after dropping off completed bounties, as explained above. I believe there are 4. The weapons that come from bounties will not drop randomly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
No one likes you.
I like me...

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 02-26-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teh_Bandwagoner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 11:50 AM   #1216
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My son figured out how to add friends on the PS4. Some of you may be getting a friend invite from kidbanchee. He scanned my friend list and sent a few requests before I could stop him. You can accept if you want. He is looking for help to run the nightfall etc... I wish he would have asked before he did . He is a level 26 titan if anyone is wondering.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #1217
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I like me...
No one....

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #1218
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

New update included the ability to move gear in and out of the vault through the bungie webstie and mobile app. No longer do you have to worry about not having enough materials for upgrades or trying to hunt where you left a weapon. Even usable while in game.

Huge, huge thing for Bungie to include.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #1219
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
New update included the ability to move gear in and out of the vault through the bungie webstie and mobile app. No longer do you have to worry about not having enough materials for upgrades or trying to hunt where you left a weapon. Even usable while in game.

Huge, huge thing for Bungie to include.
That. Is. Awesome
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #1220
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The big problem I've found with Crucible -- games are always great fun for the first 3 or 4 minutes. Great battles, fast paced, fun. Then everybody gets super charges. And after that the heavy ammo drops. The rest of the match is trying to avoid getting one shotted every fifteen seconds. They have a brilliant multiplayer game in there but they've neutered it with these super powered attacks/weapons that are far too frequent.

They need to drop a bare bones mode that scratches the super charges and heavy weapons. Just bare bones skill with the regular guns.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote