Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #41
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

They were filming outside my office a few weeks ago on 11th Ave by the Dome. There was a Fargo police cruiser parked in our lot. They had our whole above-ground parking lot blocked off for the film crew. Some rooftop scenes were being done in the building across the lot from us. They had all these fake facades up along the block too (including a fake ATM lol). We even saw Billy Bob Thornton outside of of doors taking a smoke break, dressed exactly as he was in that preview. It was brutally cold that day.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 03-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #42
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I'm assuming they have pretty much rapped up filming, didn't get a call to be an extra
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #43
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

They are filming on 10th AVE SE in Inglewood right now.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #44
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can't wait for this show. Looks great.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #45
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
They forgot to blot out the giant "Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce" on the building they were filming in front of. I like seeing Calgary but things like this really bug me as they take away the suspension of disbelief. I hope it's fixed for the production version of the episode.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #46
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
They forgot to blot out the giant "Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce" on the building they were filming in front of. I like seeing Calgary but things like this really bug me as they take away the suspension of disbelief. I hope it's fixed for the production version of the episode.
Or when the car pulls up to the gas station, which clearly has fairly new pumps w/ interac and credit paying at the pumps. Plus what looks like a 2009 Toyota Matrix driving in the background. Then when they get out two mid 2000's GM trucks in the parking lot in the background.

Kinda odd for a show that is supposed to be set in the early '90s

Last edited by btimbit; 03-21-2014 at 12:29 AM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #47
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Or when the car pulls up to the gas station, which clearly has fairly new pumps w/ interac and credit paying at the pumps. Plus what looks like a 2009 Toyota Matrix driving in the background. Then when they get out two mid 2000's GM trucks in the parking lot in the background.

It's not. It's based on a movie from the 90's, but the series is it's own story set in present day. Figured the office scene with a flat screen monitor and new Cisco phone would give that away
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #48
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:

The movie was from the 90s but I don't think this show is set in the 90s. They are also in an office with LCD monitors and voice over IP phones.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #49
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it supposed to be modern day? When I saw all the old cop cars around town I just assumed it was supposed to be set in the 90's as well
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #50
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Look at how many old crown vic's CPS still uses. And small towns in the US aren't likely to be upgrading to Chargers or Ford Interceptors anytime soon
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #51
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Is it supposed to be modern day? When I saw all the old cop cars around town I just assumed it was supposed to be set in the 90's as well
Those aren't old cop cars. Crown Vics were made until 2011.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #52
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah but the ones I've seen are real old, like '94 Caprice 9C1 age. GMT400 Tahoe. Those are the only ones I've seen.

Could be wrong it was just an assumption I made when I saw all these old cars. I know they made Crown Vics until 2011 but even the ones I've seen for Fargo all look like first gen P71's

Edit: Even pausing the trailer at 20 seconds in none of those cars look newer than 2000.

I didn't catch the newer phones and monitors before though. Maybe they just do flashbacks or something?

Last edited by btimbit; 03-21-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #53
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Well, I've watched it several times now and I can't make this out. I think you are seeing it because perhaps you're used to seeing it. If it's the building on the street they are standing on after Billy says "I would have killed that man", it flashes by in an instant.

Edit: I see it now in full screen mode, but I really think you have to be looking for it. Most people will focus on what is happening with the people, not the gold washed out sign on the building wall up top.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #54
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The gas station scene was in Strathmore - that was shot at Leroy's Motel. The window scraping scene was also here - I recognized the carwash sign when he opens the door to get out and scrape the windshield.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #55
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They forgot to blot out the giant "Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce"
I'm almost positive they did not forget... they will either fix it in post or they don't care.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #56
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

This premièred tonight. It kind of sucks being in Calgary where it was filmed as this show is on the "FXX" channel which nobody has! How can we watch it?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #57
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
This premièred tonight. It kind of sucks being in Calgary where it was filmed as this show is on the "FXX" channel which nobody has! How can we watch it?
Showed up on straight up FX Canada for me...at least it showed it on the guide and I set my PVR to record it.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #58
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
The first episode is on right now on FX and will repeat at 9:30. The rest will be on FXX only so I guess I'll be downloading them.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #59
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty good show. They didn't dick around with getting into backstories or anything like that.

Kinda cool that there are places I can recognize. That damn Hollywood magic made Spolumbo's fit right into the background of a small Minnesota town. It was pretty convincing.They also changed the name of Inglewood pizza to "Norm's Pizza". Norm was the name of the soft-spoken husband/duck painting guy in the movie.

I have a strong hate-on for cable providers, so I doubt I'll order another channel just for this show. Seems weird to me that all these name actors would be stuck on a channel nobody has.

They are running it again RIGHT NOW on FX if you missed it.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #60
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It's especially annoying that this is an show that airs on FX and not FXX in the US. All well I guess I catch off whenever we get FXX on Shaw.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote