Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #241
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Someone would be foolish enough to think they could fix him if he was available for free.

Now, for teams likely to inquire about Bo should he be made available, what would we want?

Detroit: 2nd, G Peter Mrazek
Philadelphia: 2nd, D Mark Alt
Dallas: 2nd, D Brenden Dillon
New Jersey: 2nd, D Alexander Urbom

I'd be happy with any of these returns for Bo, and everyone but Dallas has a coach that should be good enough to think they can turn his career around.
Gauging that Feaster turned down an offer of D'Agostini and a 2nd rounder this summer, he's probably holding out for a better offer. Question is will the offers get better.

Of the teams you mention, Dal and NJ aren't flush with cash, Philly is up against the cap so salary would need to come back. Only team I can see is DET as they are in dire need. A second and either one of their grit forwards or propsects is what I could see. They have the cap room and Mr I can sell a few more pizzas to pay to upgrade his D.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #242
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehatch View Post
That said, game two and all that. Do the politically correct thing and wait till game 15.

He should never have been a Flame to start the 2012-13 year

add this year's 2 games to the last 13 down the stretch run.... the most important games that Bouwmeester has played in the NHL........ from last year before the Flames were eliminated....

Bouwmeester 15 games paid 1.22 million for these games

No goals 1 assist -13

He may be tanking on purpose!!!???

How else can you explain it?

Last edited by ricardodw; 01-22-2013 at 11:25 PM.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #243
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

If only it was this kind of Seven of Nine. Nobody would be complaining! Am I right! Come on! Heyyo!

Darn you Jay Bouwmeester for being on the ice for seven of nine!

Last edited by dammage79; 01-22-2013 at 11:31 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #244
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I would be very, very curious to see what would happen if we sat him out just one game.

Gio - Brodie
Wideman - Butler
Sarich - Smith

Give her a go, and we'll hopefully see a difference, when we don't have one guy floating around on a top pairing role.

(And yes, I am fully aware of the iron man streak... I do not care.)
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #245
mister__big
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I recently discovered that Bouwmeester is Dutch for "big guy who skates like the wind but bruises like a peach so he doesn't initiate any physical contact" or something like that.
mister__big is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mister__big For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #246
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
We were one of 3 teams lining up to sign Redden after he was out in Ottawa.... rumors were D Sutter offered the same contract as the NYR.

My point is, other GMs are probably not aware and obviously not at the same breaking point that we are at with this player. As far as the rest of the league is concerned, status quo, he's our overpaid #1 D.
You can say redden wasn't effective as a ranger and didnt earn his money, but at least his teams made the playoffs some of the time.

Maybe most gms blame Brent for Bo's performance. That's probably reasonable on their part, unless they're actively pursuing him. If they are, they have 248 games of flames film where they can see him for what he is.

I used to think he was just overpaid by about a million, a million five. But the more I look at him and realize just how little he impacts games, he's overpaid by four or five million dollars, EASILY.

Every single vivid recollection anyone has about this guy involves him coming up short when his team needed him most. I can't see how that player brings value to the organization, no matter how many minutes he plays
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #247
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Gauging that Feaster turned down an offer of D'Agostini and a 2nd rounder this summer, he's probably holding out for a better offer. Question is will the offers get better.

Of the teams you mention, Dal and NJ aren't flush with cash, Philly is up against the cap so salary would need to come back. Only team I can see is DET as they are in dire need. A second and either one of their grit forwards or propsects is what I could see. They have the cap room and Mr I can sell a few more pizzas to pay to upgrade his D.
I should have clarified, each of those deals would also involve the flames taking back some sort of expiring salary dump. But the key parts of the deal would be the 2nd round pick and the physical potential top 4 d prospect. Or Mrazek because I like his style. He's got the mental makeup of a star goaltender.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #248
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I would be very, very curious to see what would happen if we sat him out just one game.

Gio - Brodie
Wideman - Butler
Sarich - Smith

Give her a go, and we'll hopefully see a difference, when we don't have one guy floating around on a top pairing role.

(And yes, I am fully aware of the iron man streak... I do not care.)
Nobody cares about the iron man streak. I don't even think Bo does.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #249
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok - change of plans. Ian white caught a skate blade and left the game making Detroit more desperate, Philly hasnt won yet. These are the two teams most likely to take Boumeester. To encourage public sentiment for other fan bases to support this trade, this thread should be amended or closed so that a new one talking about how great Boumeester is. We have to pull out the spin machine into full gear, taking negatives and turning them into positives

I will begin:

Jay Bouwmeester is unflappable out there. He never lets his emotions take over or take a stupid penalty becausee he is hot under the collar.

Jay Bouwmeester has never got out of position by head hunting or trying to run a player through the Boards. He is reliable that way.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #250
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Ok - change of plans. Ian white caught a skate blade and left the game making Detroit more desperate, Philly hasnt won yet. These are the two teams most likely to take Boumeester. To encourage public sentiment for other fan bases to support this trade, this thread should be amended or closed so that a new one talking about how great Boumeester is. We have to pull out the spin machine into full gear, taking negatives and turning them into positives

I will begin:

Jay Bouwmeester is unflappable out there. He never lets his emotions take over or take a stupid penalty becausee he is hot under the collar.

Jay Bouwmeester has never got out of position by head hunting or trying to run a player through the Boards. He is reliable that way.

I think that ship has sailed.

250 posts into this thread and the FFB (Flames fan boys) haven't stepped up to defend JayBo and call us haters and tell us that he is a #1 d-man worth 4-5M.

If the FFB has stopped the JayBo is a Flame so he has to be good madness then Jaybo has hit rock bottom.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #251
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hartley should not let JBo play anymore, his value is going down the toilet every minute he is on the ice.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #252
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I will begin:

The guy doesn't wear a visor so you know he is tough.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #253
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I will begin:

He can play with anyone, Phanuef, Regehr, Butler, Giordano all end up playing the same as Bouwmeester's Partner.

He has never ever injured a team mate with a a blast from the point.

He does not risk any stupid cross checking penalities when Kipper gets run.

He has never lost a fight.

He does not show boat after scoring an important goal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #254
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
He can play with anyone, Phanuef, Regehr, Butler, Giordano all end up playing the same as Bouwmeester's Partner.

He has never ever injured a team mate with a a blast from the point.

He does not risk any stupid cross checking penalities when Kipper gets run.

He has never lost a fight.

He does not show boat after scoring an important goal.
He has an effortless stride!
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #255
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now that Karlsson is gone, Bouwmeester is the tallest person on the team (tied with Sarich).

I'm trying here!
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #256
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister__big View Post
I recently discovered that Bouwmeester is Dutch for "big guy who skates like the wind but bruises like a peach so he doesn't initiate any physical contact" or something like that.
i thought Bouwmeester was the hockey definition for...
1 The action of being out worked.
2 To be abused.
3 The act of fishing the puck out of your net after a goal has been scored.
4 The look of fear in a persons eyes when getting too close to the boards.

Could be used in a sentence.

A dazed stare came over little Billy's face as he Bouwmeestered the puck after yet another gaff.

After a close call with possibly being injured a quick decision to pull a Bouwmeester averted the potential of a body check for Tommy.

or Twice in the same sentence.

Johnny was rather skittish displaying signs of Bouwmeester as he had been Bouwmeestered several times the night before by wingers.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #257
JazzyFlame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A trade is upcoming I believe, Detroit is in a bad situation and they have been intrigued by JBo in the past. I just hope it makes this team better NOW.

Upon arrival in Detroit Jbo is going to turn all world, gauranteed.
JazzyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #258
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jay will never be involved in an off ice scandal.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #259
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyFlame View Post
A trade is upcoming I believe, Detroit is in a bad situation and they have been intrigued by JBo in the past. I just hope it makes this team better NOW.

Upon arrival in Detroit Jbo is going to turn all world, gauranteed.
If it was gonna happen anywhere, it would be there. But Bo's failings are completely rooted in his head. Babcock might save his career, but what he really
Needs is a therapist
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #260
Hammertime
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Jay Bouwmeester is the most interesting man in the world.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote