Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #101
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
Don't forget his ironman streak.
Rob Kerr would never let anyone forget.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #102
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post

One of CP's most shameful moments. This board owes Peca an apology.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #103
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar-Down View Post
Watching him try and shoot the puck on net from the blue-line tonight almost made me puke.

I've never seen such a weaker shot before in my life. Honestly bantam kids can shoot the puck harder and I'm being dead serious. It's pathetic.

I wish he was traded last offseason, hopefully Feaster can figure something out.
I really want to like Bouwmeester, and I don't want to contribute to scapegoating when most players are doing poorly, but yeah, his shot is absolutely hilarious.

He is what he is. If he was playing behind a tougher number one defenseman who can carry the team and pass and shoot, he might be great for the support role.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #104
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Think the bottom line here is Bouw has not improved what so ever in any aspect of his game here in calgary and for that matter has actually regressed. This is a fail that can only be rectified two ways. Get him off the team and......get him off the team. I don't really care how and for what for. At least Wideman can run a powerplay at a discount from what Bouw makes.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #105
zunie75
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
He was great in Florida, not sure what happened to him though.
Do we really know that? Did anyone actually watch 82 panther games a season while he was in Florida? I think we all just bought into the hype.
zunie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zunie75 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #106
zunie75
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
One of CP's most shameful moments. This board owes Peca an apology.
I've seen this a few times and never gave it much thought. But its clear Peca, knew what he was talking about.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #107
Red John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Problem with Bouwmeester is the things that he does do well, he isn't even doing well right now.

Everyone gets upset that he plays soft, etc. but keep in mind Nicklas Lidstrom rarely engaged himself physically also.

Here's the issue. Bouwmeester's strength is skating and positional awareness, and he still gets beat wide regularly and gets caught shadowing the wrong guy at times. When you're one-dimensional you need to be REALLY good at that dimension and that's not the case right now.

And when it comes to either blocking a shot or getting out of the way, he does neither.

The guy's confidence is shot and he's a shadow of the d-man he used to be. Was hopeful that things might be different under Hartley but perhaps it'd be best for him to get a fresh start elsewhere.
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Red John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #108
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The culture on this team needs to change.
We need a leader on this team that hates losing and is passionate about winning.

Iginla is not that guy.
Bouwmeester is a Librarian and I dont know why he even has an A.
He doesnt show leadership on the ice or in the dressing room.

2013 Calgary Flames Season = just more of the same
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #109
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 games and the guy is crucified. We are becoming worse than Habs fans, talk about shameful.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #110
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
2 games and the guy is crucified. We are becoming worse than Habs fans, talk about shameful.
Forget the last few seasons did ya?
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #111
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Problem with Bouwmeester is the things that he does do well, he isn't even doing well right now.

Everyone gets upset that he plays soft, etc. but keep in mind Nicklas Lidstrom rarely engaged himself physically also.

Here's the issue. Bouwmeester's strength is skating and positional awareness, and he still gets beat wide regularly and gets caught shadowing the wrong guy at times. When you're one-dimensional you need to be REALLY good at that dimension and that's not the case right now.

And when it comes to either blocking a shot or getting out of the way, he does neither.

The guy's confidence is shot and he's a shadow of the d-man he used to be. Was hopeful that things might be different under Hartley but perhaps it'd be best for him to get a fresh start elsewhere.
Didn't want to do it but you totally missed the point from the past few years. It is not what he does well, it is the lack of attention to detail. People complain about the Flames putting together 60 minutes. That is this guy's problem. He still does a lot of things well but falters at critical times.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #112
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
Forget the last few seasons did ya?
oh I saw them and I have read several message boards and seen the same theme everywhere.

Too many people that can't look past the dollars and judge his play based on his contract instead of what he actually does.

Flames fans have become pathetic. It's sickening. They can't even support their players anymore. I can't say I am shocked though, I saw it coming people just can't actually support a team anymore, they just crap all over the players.

Now I am not saying players are exempt from criticism, but this garbage has just crossed in Montreal territory and that is not something to be proud of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #113
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
oh I saw them and I have read several message boards and seen the same theme everywhere.

Too many people that can't look past the dollars and judge his play based on his contract instead of what he actually does.

Flames fans have become pathetic. It's sickening. They can't even support their players anymore. I can't say I am shocked though, I saw it coming people just can't actually support a team anymore, they just crap all over the players.

Now I am not saying players are exempt from criticism, but this garbage has just crossed in Montreal territory and that is not something to be proud of.
Wow did Flames fans steal your bike or something? Holy smokes...

I suggest leaving the forums if you are that bothered by passionate hockey fans.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #114
Red John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Didn't want to do it but you totally missed the point from the past few years. It is not what he does well, it is the lack of attention to detail. People complain about the Flames putting together 60 minutes. That is this guy's problem. He still does a lot of things well but falters at critical times.
There's no denying that Bouwmeester seems incapable of elevating his game to another level when the situation calls for it. He's not a positive momentum changer.

However, don't really care about "the past few years" as this is a new team with a new coach and a new philosophy, fans should be willing to give this team a clean slate and judge it on its success/failure instead of taking previous years into it.
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Red John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red John For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #115
zunie75
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Forget about the dollars. What exactly in your opinion does Bouw do that warrants being a top line D man on this team? All I see is a guy who's play or lack their of very often, by his own mistakes, cost us goals.

It's the same as having a weak goaltender. If he plays poorly and is costing you games because he is unable to do his job, then what do you do? Coddle him more?

Bouwmeester has been given a very important job on this team and he's not living up to his responsibility.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #116
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunie75 View Post
Forget about the dollars. What exactly in your opinion does Bouw do that warrants being a top line D man on this team? All I see is a guy who's play or lack their of very often, by his own mistakes, cost us goals.

It's the same as having a weak goaltender. If he plays poorly and is costing you games because he is unable to do his job, then what do you do? Coddle him more?

Bouwmeester has been given a very important job on this team and he's not living up to his responsibility.
And yet he has still been our best defensive defenseman since the day he was acquired. The fact he is underrated and completely treated like #### by Flames fans is shown in the fact that there is actually people who think Phaneuf is a better defenseman than Bouwmeester, that is beyond laughable.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #117
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunie75 View Post
Do we really know that? Did anyone actually watch 82 panther games a season while he was in Florida? I think we all just bought into the hype.

I watched many panther games (they are my 2nd favourite team) when he was on there. The only difference since he was a Panther is that he doesn't jump into the play as much as he did then. He was always passive somewhat. He was basically meant to be a better defensive version of Dennis Wideman because that's what he was in Florida.

However, since then I suppose Sutter wasn't a fan of his sneaking in off the point leaving it open and he stopped doing that effectively neutering him in the process. Unfortunately that habit has stuck and if he's not getting points he's not going to be worth the money in anyway shape or form.

It's disappointing, but we're likely stuck with him for the duration when we can finally be liberated from the huge boat anchor that he has become both financially and in terms of results.

Defensively, he's about what an average 3/4 defenseman should be. Nothing to write home about but not terrible. The offensive skill pushed him into the 1/2 range and the money he received. That creates two problems as he's slightly over matched playing as much as he does if he doesn't offset that deficiency with the points he produced.

Last edited by Caged Great; 01-22-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #118
zunie75
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
And yet he has still been our best defensive defenseman since the day he was acquired. The fact he is underrated and completely treated like #### by Flames fans is shown in the fact that there is actually people who think Phaneuf is a better defenseman than Bouwmeester, that is beyond laughable.
Some around here may think its "beyond laughable" that you think he's been our best defensive defensman. If that were the case there should be no reason for all the hate he gets.

You say these things and still haven't given a reason on why you think he doesn't deserve this hate? Best defensive D? Baed on what, his Flames career -31? His constant inability to clear pucks from in front of the net?

Starting to think we may be talking to Jay Bouwmeester right now.

Last edited by zunie75; 01-22-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #119
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you rearrange the letters in his name it spells "you fools I am born son of mephistopheles", if you include his middle names.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #120
vilzeh
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

You can't be serious... Have you WATCHED Bouwmeester play these last 3 seasons? 12 goals in 248 games, he's -31 combined with Flames, he's soft, he can't push anyone off the goal crease, he can't even play the puck out of his own zone, to add that up with his salary -> I think we (Flames fans) have been patient enough.

Last edited by vilzeh; 01-22-2013 at 04:18 AM.
vilzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to vilzeh For This Useful Post: