Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:
Default Zendesk

http://www.zendesk.com/

Anyone here use them?

We desperately need to start fixing our customer service, and I need something that is simple and efficient to use for our sales guys that aren't exactly your typical computer whiz.

Basically whenever a 'job' is delivered to the customer, there are small issues that need to be resolved. Each sales guy has up till now used their own way(pen and paper) to keep track of the problems, which isn't that efficient, nor does it lead to good results.

We recently put someone into a full-time position to deal with outstanding issues and fix them, but there is still a lack of information being transferred from the sales guys to the guy that is supposed to resolve the issues. Whenever there IS good information flow, the issues are quickly resolved.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I have clients that use Zendesk for their customer service. Everything I've heard says it's a great tool.

The biggest challenge will be changing the mindset of your staff to make sure they use the product. It'll be wasted money if they're not using it to track all their customer interactions.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno but I'm pretty sure this dude is undressing every customer with his eyes.

How could he not though, it's the siren call of the soft gray cardigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I have clients that use Zendesk for their customer service. Everything I've heard says it's a great tool.

The biggest challenge will be changing the mindset of your staff to make sure they use the product. It'll be wasted money if they're not using it to track all their customer interactions.
Well that is the problem, and I'm not so sure if it'll work.

It seems like a great tool, but we're talking about people that go crazy if their Security Essentials pops up and says 'scan now.'
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

That's always the problem with introducing new tools. Unless you make it mandatory, it solves a problem for everyone (not just the boss) and is "punishable", very few staff members will want to change the way they've been doing things.

We had a similar issue when trying to introduce an Intranet at one of my previous employers. It didn't solve an immediate problem for most employees so it was ignored. It wasn't until it showed up on performance evaluations that people started taking it seriously.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Well, in the YNWRGMG thread I posted a few months ago that my biggest gear grinder was management that doesn't manage.

Which is the underlying problem we have. The best tools or software can't solve that problem.

What we really need is a full fledged CRM platform like Salesforce. It is mind-boggling to me that keeping proper records for each client is not important at all.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I dunno but I'm pretty sure this dude is undressing every customer with his eyes.

How could he not though, it's the siren call of the soft gray cardigan.
LOL, he's creeping the rest of the site too, undressing this girl with his subtle hipster cardigans.

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
maverickstruth
Backup Goalie

Exp:

ZenDesk is extremely effective when email is the primary medium for communication between your sales guys and your customers. It's for walk-ins and phone conversations (unless you also get their additional phone service) that it becomes less useful if your people aren't really on top of logging all of their requests. If most of your communication (or your vital communication) is done via email, though, I'd say it'll definitely do the trick.

Also - if you do end up going ZenDesk, check out GoodData as well. It's a really helpful tool for customizing your reports, etc. so that you can get actual information out of the metrics, not just data.

(Wow, I sound like a shill. I'm not, I promise! Just been writing too much sales copy this afternoon...)
maverickstruth is offline   Reply With Quote