Exp:
icon57 Wild vs Flames - 7:30 - SNet-Cgy

Calgarypuck.com Gameday Preview *Click here*

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HalifaxDrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
wired
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Lets hope for an exciting ga.... oh, Minny and the Flames........
I just want a win.
3-2 for the good guys.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

The holiday bowl season is upon us early this year... First up is the Cure for Insomnia Bowl brought to you by Ambien. Somebody will win 2-1. Will anyone be awake at the end?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kiprusoff shuts the door and Jokinen lights the light three times.

3-0 Flames.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
FakenHaken
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

To me Minny is on a roll. So I'm guessing 4 - 2 Minny. Bouw and Butler -4 and CP creates further discussion about these 2 being paired with each other.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
DazzlinDino
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakenHaken View Post
To me Minny is on a roll. So I'm guessing 4 - 2 Minny. Bouw and Butler -4 and CP creates further discussion about these 2 being paired with each other.
I see what your doing
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
flamesfan55
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Again the Flames wont win back to back, and we always struggle against Minny 3-2 for the Wild
Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
nmhen
Everybody's favourite Wild fan!

Exp:

The Wild has definitely been on a roll. But Harding was in net for the whole roll so far, and Bax is starting tonight. So that's the first thing.

The second thing is that the Wild, with the exception of the 5-1 butt-kicking we laid on the Canucks, has had all kinds of trouble scoring. Yeo already had to shuffle his top two lines, although that seemed to work as Koivu now has points in 4-straight, I believe. Latendresse continues to get his hands back, but he's got grapes in 2-straight.

Bouchard has been a disappointment overall so far. Cullen has been on fire (6 G, but 2 more in the shootout), but he started out hot last season and then fell off a cliff.

We've gotten precious little offense from our defense, but Marco Scandella has a big shot from the point that he's brought out a couple times so far.

Speaking of the defense, we're young. Yeo is riding the guys he had with him in Houston during their run to the Calder Cup Finals. Scandella, Falk, Spurgeon (suffering a bit of sophomore slump offensively, but still pretty smart defensively) and Prosser should all be in the lineup tonight. They're rounded out by Nick Schultz (steady, boring, still incredibly soft on the puck for a stay-at-homer) and Marek Zidlicky.

Zidlicky....good Lord. He was terrible until the Canucks game, when he was a +4 and very strong. But he had been so bad until then, that Yeo had a 20-minute conversation with him during practice ON THE ICE, that, reportedly, got fairly heated - in both directions - a couple times. Consensus is that, had Yeo thought the chat would go that long or that contentious, he would have done it in his office instead of in front of the gathered press, players, etc. But, nonetheless, Zidlicky responded with a solid game against the Canucks. When he's bad, he's terrible. Never a good defensive defenseman, when he's not contributing offensively he's worthless. I would pressure him on the point especially on the power play. His biggest asset is his cannon of a shot, and he's been prone to getting forced into making stupid passes that get picked off under pressure on the PP.

For all the talk about Harding of late - which is well-deserved - Backstrom has actually been pretty good this season. He's had 1.5 bad games I'd say. But has saved our butts more often than that. He even won a couple shootouts (full moon, I'm sure.) Bax must rise to the Finn on Finn matchup against the Flames because he's had some success against your squad.

Obviously Havlat is no longer with the Wild, which likely means we go back to being your whipping boys.

In general, the Wild (under Yeo) is a much more aggressive team than they have really ever been. Why, I've seen them forecheck with not-one-but-two forwards - below the goal line, with regularity! If Lemaire saw that....

Yes, they will protect a lead (read: trap), but who doesn't?

Yeo has been everything we could have hoped for. He seems to be a great communicator, patient when he needs to be, but also knows when to show them the whip as well.

There's a lot of hope among Wild fans right now. Not necesarily hope for this year, but that we're finally going in the right direction overall.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i am looking forward to getting a close look at donkey heatley this season.......this si yet another critical game for the Flames - I believe they will build off of sunday's inspirational win and grab two points tonight.......after all, every game matters......
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Wild are one of those teams that we should beat every time. Unfortunately, the Flames seem to always take them lightly. 3-1 Wild in a stinker of a game.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

nmhen, you should post here more often.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
fundmark19
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Wilds Nick Johnson Calgary native may be in the line up tonight making it the first time he will play in front of a Calgary crowd as a pro
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

feels like the typical game the flames drop the ball in.

who's playing in goal for the flames?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
flamesaresmokin
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I could care less about a win or a loss tonight. Something with entertainment value would be a nice change.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
squiggs96
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesaresmokin View Post
I could care less about a win or a loss tonight. Something with entertainment value would be a nice change.
So you are extremely excited for a win or loss! Nice.

1-0 Flames. TKo with the marker.
Not at all, as I've said, I would rather start with LA over any of the other WC playoff teams. Bunch of underachievers who look good on paper but don't even deserve to be in the playoffs. If you're going to predict a Canucks loss, at least wait for a team that has a decent shot.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
Fischy13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhen View Post
The Wild has definitely been on a roll. But Harding was in net for the whole roll so far, and Bax is starting tonight. So that's the first thing.

The second thing is that the Wild, with the exception of the 5-1 butt-kicking we laid on the Canucks, has had all kinds of trouble scoring. Yeo already had to shuffle his top two lines, although that seemed to work as Koivu now has points in 4-straight, I believe. Latendresse continues to get his hands back, but he's got grapes in 2-straight.

Bouchard has been a disappointment overall so far. Cullen has been on fire (6 G, but 2 more in the shootout), but he started out hot last season and then fell off a cliff.

We've gotten precious little offense from our defense, but Marco Scandella has a big shot from the point that he's brought out a couple times so far.

Speaking of the defense, we're young. Yeo is riding the guys he had with him in Houston during their run to the Calder Cup Finals. Scandella, Falk, Spurgeon (suffering a bit of sophomore slump offensively, but still pretty smart defensively) and Prosser should all be in the lineup tonight. They're rounded out by Nick Schultz (steady, boring, still incredibly soft on the puck for a stay-at-homer) and Marek Zidlicky.

Zidlicky....good Lord. He was terrible until the Canucks game, when he was a +4 and very strong. But he had been so bad until then, that Yeo had a 20-minute conversation with him during practice ON THE ICE, that, reportedly, got fairly heated - in both directions - a couple times. Consensus is that, had Yeo thought the chat would go that long or that contentious, he would have done it in his office instead of in front of the gathered press, players, etc. But, nonetheless, Zidlicky responded with a solid game against the Canucks. When he's bad, he's terrible. Never a good defensive defenseman, when he's not contributing offensively he's worthless. I would pressure him on the point especially on the power play. His biggest asset is his cannon of a shot, and he's been prone to getting forced into making stupid passes that get picked off under pressure on the PP.

For all the talk about Harding of late - which is well-deserved - Backstrom has actually been pretty good this season. He's had 1.5 bad games I'd say. But has saved our butts more often than that. He even won a couple shootouts (full moon, I'm sure.) Bax must rise to the Finn on Finn matchup against the Flames because he's had some success against your squad.

Obviously Havlat is no longer with the Wild, which likely means we go back to being your whipping boys.

In general, the Wild (under Yeo) is a much more aggressive team than they have really ever been. Why, I've seen them forecheck with not-one-but-two forwards - below the goal line, with regularity! If Lemaire saw that....

Yes, they will protect a lead (read: trap), but who doesn't?

Yeo has been everything we could have hoped for. He seems to be a great communicator, patient when he needs to be, but also knows when to show them the whip as well.

There's a lot of hope among Wild fans right now. Not necesarily hope for this year, but that we're finally going in the right direction overall.
LOL, I love it, Grapes!! Nice
Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #17
nmhen
Everybody's favourite Wild fan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
The Wilds Nick Johnson Calgary native may be in the line up tonight making it the first time he will play in front of a Calgary crowd as a pro
I'm a big fan of Johnson so far. Plays a simple but effective game. Has good speed, solid on the walls.

I think he's earned a spot in the roster for the time being, anyway.

The biggest thing that won me over was he played in a game early in the season and then was scratched for (several) games in a row. Then, his first game back in the lineup he showed zero rust and was a factor (positively) the whole game. Sometimes guys get back in after sitting and try to do too much and end up blowing it. But he didn't. I love that kind of professionalism.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
you got PHANUEFED
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

4-3 Flames OT win.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
Jables16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
nmhen, you should post here more often.
nmhen is exactly the kind of opposition fan I like. Obviously knows hockey, passionate about his team without being delusional, and posts here to inform us about his team and discuss hockey; not to be a sh** disturber.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you got PHANUEFED View Post
4-3 Flames OT win.
Are you running a fever?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd, winwinwinwinwin, winwinwinwinwinwin, winwinwinwinwinwinwin, winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin