Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #101
themedicineman
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If you know her name you can google it click on the link from investigation discovery. These seem to be letters between the two that were presented in the court case.
themedicineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #102
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Pretty easy to find out her name. Took me less than 1 minute with google.
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #103
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themedicineman View Post
Quote from Steinke in a letter he wrote to her:
"I love you more than life its self, I've added you to my visitors lists so once your released please visit often. Never forget how much I care or that I love you. We can keep writing each other till we can be together again. Without you this life isn’t worth living… U said you want to get engaged? Then here's a Q...Will U marry me? If so then it is a verbal agreement!"
And this is the reply letter:
"Ahahaha! I never thought I'd find myself hystericaly laughing in a holding cell in these kinds of circumstances...or ever really. But still! ahaha you make me so happy! Yes! Yes! I will, I would love to… Interesting information I came across. Anything you can say to anyone, including a phycistrist, unless issued by a lawyer can be used against you! For f--ks sake. Rawr. The world really is against us."

Just sick. She goes on to talk about them being immortal now that everyone will remember what they did. That is not someone who is wanting to be rehabilitated it's sickening she got surgery done to alter her looks and a free education courtesy of tax payers dollars.

I also was a first year high school student when this took place and you have no idea how many people it affected, especially her friends that were closest to her and the ones that I know personally still really haven't gotten over it completely.
Those letters were written before her sentencing and were used as exhibits in her trial. Of course she hadn't been rehabilitated yet....because she hadn't actually been through rehabilitation.

http://www.crimecasefiles.com/forum/...in-canada.html
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #104
themedicineman
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I tend to think that people don't change... especially those with extreme personality problems.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #105
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Her letters sound like a 12 year old girl who took on the identity of her 23 year old boyfriend. Definitely not an indication that she can't be rehabilitated. I'd leave that to the people who rehab criminals for a living.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #106
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Ok, here is a challenge to you CP kids in school. $10 to the first one to lay pipe... evidence required.
How much for the friend

(sorry for the big pic i don't know how to use the spoiler)

This story kinda reminds me of the lawyer that is going to UBC right know after getting out of jail after stabbing his friend 33 times.

Last edited by Violator; 09-15-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #107
Calgary Highlander
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Was she given a new name? It's far too easy to find her real name online. One would think that could make her a target. I wouldn't call it much of a second chance if everyone hates your guts.
Calgary Highlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #108
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I hope that isn't her, if it is, um, isn't that against some sort of law?
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #109
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I hope that isn't her, if it is, um, isn't that against some sort of law?
It isn't, I had to look it up but that's her best friend from before apparently.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20...-13338396.html

I think the whole situation is tragic, and I don't think it's the girl's fault. She deserves a chance at a normal life.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #110
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I think the whole situation is tragic, and I don't think it's the girl's fault. She deserves a chance at a normal life.
In "love" or not; she was actively involved in premeditated murder and killed her brother in cold blood as he begged for his life. Its her fault as much as the guy serving multiple life sentences.

She deserves nothing but to be spat on
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #111
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macker View Post
Feelings likely mutual. Hopefully she now knows enough to watch out for the crazies on the internet and to stay away from men 10+ years older than her. Unless you are one of these 12 year olds that is married not sure about the humor. Find nothing funny about any of it
I'd actually care about this sentiment if I didn't think she maaaaybe should have been burned at the stake. As it is, I do not care one iota for her feelings or what she might be scared of. The poor girl.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #112
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
In "love" or not; she was actively involved in premeditated murder and killed her brother in cold blood as he begged for his life. Its her fault as much as the guy serving multiple life sentences.

Yeah, the more you read into it, the more it seems like she was the one who planned it from the beginning. And then there's the bf talking about how she wasn't even upset after they had murdered her entire family.

And now she's going to be a social outcast in university. How will that help the rehab process?
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #113
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

For the record, I think she should have been locked up for a long, long time, possibly forever. I remember vividly being 12 and also knowing 100% that killing anything was wrong. I can understand getting a break for shoplifting or vandalism.... something along the normal stupid teen stuff, but at that age, I would have stepped between a killer and my family, not helped in the premeditation of the crime.

I think in certain cases, the "I was young, dumb and easily influenced." just doesn't hold water.

Last edited by pylon; 09-14-2011 at 07:28 PM.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #114
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't care how old she is .......she should get more than 5 years of therapy for stabbing her baby brother.

She should be in the slammer until atleast 30, and make her miss the best years of her life.
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #115
Bindair Dundat
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
I don't care how old she is .......she should get more than 5 years of therapy for stabbing her baby brother.

She should be in the slammer until atleast 30, and make her miss the best years of her life.
Personally, I think that upon reaching the age of majority, she should have been stabbed to death...just like her little brother was...

...begging for her miserable life.

But that's just me.

What did "that book" say?

Something about "an eye for an eye"?

Ugh.
Bindair Dundat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #116
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What did "that book" say?

Something about "an eye for an eye"?
By "that book", I presume you mean The Bible? If so, "that book" said the following, which is actually the exact opposite of what you're advocating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 5:38-39
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
"An eye for an eye" originally came from the Code of Hammurabi, written approximately 1500 BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #117
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
How much for the friend

(sorry for the big pic i don't know how to use the spoiler)
Big pic? Are you on a phone?

Also, the username makes this post kind of scary.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #118
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post

I disagree, children are easily manipulated and twisted, adults even often can't cope with bad situations and abuse.

A person's brain isn't even done developing until they're in their 20's.

That's why we protect our children and nurture them and teach them while they're growing and learning how to be a part of society instead of just throwing them out there; because they aren't capable of dealing with things yet.

If someone is abusing them and filling their minds with garbage while they're developing their view of the world, why is it their fault if they turn out warped?

"Abused and manipulated, too bad suck it up Sally if you can't deal with a little sexual and psychological abuse too bad for you."
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #119
themedicineman
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

There's being manipulated into using drugs or smoking that age by older kids but being influenced into plotting the death of your family and then carrying it out is a whole different ball park. She knew it was wrong like we all did at that age and she even stabbed her brother while he was begging for his life. No sympathy for her, she should still be in jail and I shouldn't have had to pay for her education that she gets for free when I'm paying full price for mine along with the rest of the people who weren't smart enough to murder their family for a free ride.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #120
photon

Exp:

Quote:
There's being manipulated into using drugs or smoking that age by older kids but being influenced into plotting the death of your family and then carrying it out is a whole different ball park.
I don't think it is, it's the same thing, just more.

Quote:
She knew it was wrong like we all did at that age and she even stabbed her brother while he was begging for his life.
I don't think you can see into her mind anymore than I can, so this is just pure speculation.

People can change and break and become almost inhuman in the right circumstances.. any person, you or me, and we're adults.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: