Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Diablo III - New patch 2.1 Coming Aug 26

A quick questions for the PC Gamers out there, any word on when Diablo III will be released?

I checked around the various sites and have found nothing as of yet....
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
A quick questions for the PC Gamers out there, any word on when Diablo III will be released?

that is because it won't be out for 2 years is my guess. There is no date known but it won't be out until SC2 is out.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post

I was just looking yesterday for the exact same thing, and I have no clue.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have been waiting for this game for 5 years, and it was finally announced last year.

Blizzcon is this week (I believe) and I am expecting major news/release date for it. I really hope Summer 2010.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

I remember reading something about waiting for battle.net to be finished up, then they will release SC2. Hopefully, D3 will be out soon after. I think they are going to shoot for 4th quarter 2010 release.. but that this pure speculation.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I have been waiting for this game for 5 years, and it was finally announced last year.

Blizzcon is this week (I believe) and I am expecting major news/release date for it. I really hope Summer 2010.
The major announcment at Blizzcon is supposedly going to be the announcement of WoW: Cataclysm.

I'm guessing they will eventually announce a late 2010 release date for D3, but knowing Bliz, the actual release will be Q2 2011.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
The major announcment at Blizzcon is supposedly going to be the announcement of WoW: Cataclysm.

I'm guessing they will eventually announce a late 2010 release date for D3, but knowing Bliz, the actual release will be Q2 2011.
Jesus... another Expansion for WoW?? I have been playing for over 3 years, and I'm not really excited for it. (just recently quit)
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

If the rumours are true, this one should be interesting. They basically blow up Azeroth, severely altering several zones. Especially Azshara, which becomes a starting zone.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

well going by starcraft 2, not till at least 2011, they say SC2 by end of 2009, but that'll be lucky, and i know i saw places list it as dec 2008 as the release, and nov 2008, and you get the point.

blizzard is slow, but they make damn good games which is why they can get away with it.
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Starcraft will be 2010, quote me now. Diablo will be mid 2010-late 2011.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I still remember my buddy Chris coming over to my place with a copy of this new game called "Diablo." I think it was '96 maybe?

Anyway, we played it for months and months on a couple of 486 machines with 14.4 modems. It was insane. Then the long 5 year wait for Diablo 2...

And then 8 years for Diablo 3. First it was in the works, then it was dead, then maybe not, then for sure dead, then maybe not again, then dead again, then... bam!

I still like to watch this once in a while. I'm not ashamed to admit I actually woke up in the middle of the night to watch the live stream of this announcement.

Edit: I have to say though, I'm probably not as excited about it as I once was. I'm not even sure if I'll even play it when it comes out. I really don't like to get caught up these things too much anymore. Knowing Blizzard, it'll be at least 2 more years anyway.

Last edited by FanIn80; 08-18-2009 at 12:03 AM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #12
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I still remember my buddy Chris coming over to my place with a copy of this new game called "Diablo." I think it was '96 maybe?

Anyway, we played it for months and months on a couple of 486 machines with 14.4 modems. It was insane. Then the long 5 year wait for Diablo 2...

And then 8 years for Diablo 3. First it was in the works, then it was dead, then maybe not, then for sure dead, then maybe not again, then dead again, then... bam!

I still like to watch this once in a while. I'm not ashamed to admit I actually woke up in the middle of the night to watch the live stream of this announcement.

Edit: I have to say though, I'm probably not as excited about it as I once was. I'm not even sure if I'll even play it when it comes out. I really don't like to get caught up these things too much anymore. Knowing Blizzard, it'll be at least 2 more years anyway.
Ohhhh the good old days with D2..... I use to play that game like 24/7 when I was in junior high.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #13
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Ohhhh the good old days with D2..... I use to play that game like 24/7 when I was in junior high.
Same. I would stay up all night and all day playing this game. Me and my bro had to share the computer for 8 months playing this game. Luckily I broke the addiction, but it'll come back when D3 comes out. Luckily no sharing this time, all grown up. Well age wise.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #14
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Booooo! I was in university when the first Diablo was released.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #15
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Booooo! I was in university when the first Diablo was released.
man, that game was addicting. I blame my in-ability to stop playing that game on my poor 1st year university grades. Of course, all the rule changes might have had something to do with it as well. lol.
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
man, that game was addicting. I blame my in-ability to stop playing that game on my poor 1st year university grades. Of course, all the rule changes might have had something to do with it as well. lol.
I remember in university we'd have a scripting program that would do "pindle runs" while we were at school and were programmed to only pick up the rare items. We'd come home and see all the lot we picked up. Fun times.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #17
Pastiche
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
I remember in university we'd have a scripting program that would do "pindle runs" while we were at school and were programmed to only pick up the rare items. We'd come home and see all the lot we picked up. Fun times.
That's pretty corny. The best thing about the rare items was in finding them. That's the same kind of bunk that goes on in TF2 right now with people sitting idly in servers to get hats.

People are weird.
Pastiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #18
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Haha Botting for rare runes was funnnnnnn.... Hammerdins FTW>.....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

My bet is June 29th, 2010.

That is the 10th anniversary of the release of Diablo II.

If they miss that one, I would bet on June 27th, 2011 which is the 10th anniversary of the release of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

Blizzard takes a long time with games but there is good reason for it. So many developers release games that are unfinished and unpolished that I have always loved playing Blizzard games that seem to rarely have those problems.

I think SC II will be probably April - June 2010.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Haha Botting for rare runes was funnnnnnn.... Hammerdins FTW>.....
Yeaaa booyy, Hammerdins were the shizz. Iron Maiden + Blood Golem + corpse explosion was also sweet while cowing.

I'm such a dork.