Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #21
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Holy crap, I'm sitting at 6-26-4 right now on SuperStar.

I had a string of 7 games that I lost by 1 goal, frustrating.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #22
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

no worries my friend i just played phoenix again i was up 4-0 going into the third and they scored 7 goals in the third and i lost 7-5........ so on superstar i am 1-1

how the hell does a team score 7 goals in a period??? i dunno it was pretty impressive and frustrating ..... one time i rememberd i knocked a guy to the ground , he got up and beat me to the puck and proceded to fire a shot from in the corner ( upon further instant replay review) and behind the goalie and it went in..... and another goal guy skate to the blue line fired and kipper didnt even react i mean didnt even move a muscle and it went in..... oh well ....
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
czure32
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Third season in on All-star and I still cant for the life of me win a game in teh shootout
Quad Cities is getting absolutely demolished at 3-17-4
Flames are 8-9-8

on an interesting side note:
leading in almost every category among defencemen in Rhett Warrener 0G 8A 8P +14
leading goal scorer: Marcus Nilson with 7 followed by Dustin Boyd with 6
Eric Nystrom has 4 SHG so far
Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I also have a Season going with the Caps on Superstar, 7-26-0

I'd say that about 10 of my losses were tied going into the last 5 mins of the 3rd, you try to lock it down for the 1 point but they always score.

In the shootout I've only had luck with a few quick dekes and a 5 hole shot, or a high corner slapshot. The rest of my shootout goals are just pure luck.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #25
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
wow i find this hard to believe, espcially on the highest difficulty.......... onn all star i can only go 3 or 4 games in a row without a loss.... maybe go p lay online to give yourself a challenge
Trust me, it would be nice if I was embellishing. I'd get more enjoyment out of the game. Online is good, but I don't have it. I get the chance at my friend's house every now and then, and really love the quick team games with multiple players.

There are several moves as you come into the offensive zone that will almost guarantee a goal. Get good at the LB deke and you'll end up with a dozen or so 1-1 vs the goalie a game.

For the shootouts, try a quick R-L-R to deke the goalie. Going backhand seems to help. Attempt to come in head on, stick all the way right. About 8 feet from the goalie quickly flick the stick right, left, the go right and top shelf. Most of the time the goalie will be diving in the wrong direction.

Edit: Poke check owns on D. Gotta learn to be judicious with it, lots o' tripping penalties. It's nice that Lombardi is the fastest human being alive in this game. Shorties for all!

Last edited by ResAlien; 06-19-2008 at 06:39 PM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #26
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Two things I noticed with 08 that were more important than before was on defence you have to be very selective around when you attack the puck carrier, I try to stay patient and let them pass it around while I stay between the puck and the crease. I start to press when they pass it down to the dots.

The second is that I used to have a bad habbit of shooting far side, in 08 you are way better off shooting high on the near side.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote