Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Canucks 2 Flames 1

http://www.calgarypuck.com/2014/03/g...ks-2-flames-1/
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have liked Reinhart all along and think he is going to be an NHLer, but I still think he should be back in Abby getting ice-time, once the team is healthy again.

I think his time is next year
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
formulate
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great writeup as always!

I mentioned last game that the young line of Byron Granlund and Reinhart were making questionable defensive decisions that lead to being hemmed in their own zone a few times. Last night they really picked it up, looking fantastic in both ends. I'm almost certain Granlund has played his last game in the AHL. Reinhart, maybe not, but I'm convinced he as well will be an effective NHL player.

Can't say enough about Lance Bouma's dedication to a bottom-5 team. Shows unbelievable pride, which is more than you can say about most of the opposing team last night. Hate losing to the Canucks, but being held to 14 shots by a team of 8 rookies playing the second night of a back-to-back is embarrassing enough that I don't mind quite as much.
formulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Lance Bouma is a player that other teams are going to start trying to acquire. He has the potential to be one of the most effective bottom 6 forwards in the league.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameZilla For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
Stormchaser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like your writeups on the games Bingo, great job doing that. Its one of the many things about Calgarypuck that make it a fantastic community to be a part of!
Stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stormchaser For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

thanks guys ...

we've had a few writers step away from these things so it's been a lot of work this year. Has been less difficult writing up a rebuild than I thought, and I think this new format keeps me sane (less worrying about every single detail, and more summarizing what really matters)
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

I enjoy watching this team so much more than the group we had just prior to the Iginla trade.
This team works its friggin tail off and although it may be on the short end of a few wins...much more entertaining to watch.
I believe Hrudey said it last night that this team has been playing over their heads all season long. Which leads me to ask the question, if they have been playing this way all season long...does it still mean they are playing over their heads or is that the identity of this team now?
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample00 View Post
I enjoy watching this team so much more than the group we had just prior to the Iginla trade.
This team works its friggin tail off and although it may be on the short end of a few wins...much more entertaining to watch.
I believe Hrudey said it last night that this team has been playing over their heads all season long. Which leads me to ask the question, if they have been playing this way all season long...does it still mean they are playing over their heads or is that the identity of this team now?
That right there is why winning is better than losing...

The same is true with sucking: at what point are the Oilers not just sucking/underachieving, and when does it become: they are just no good?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
formulate
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample00 View Post
does it still mean they are playing over their heads or is that the identity of this team now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post

The same is true with sucking: at what point are the Oilers not just sucking/underachieving, and when does it become: they are just no good?
I think it's absolutely an identity. The Flames have been playing above their heads, but only in terms of skill. Put the mentality of a Lance Bouma or Paul Byron inside the head of every Edmonton Oiler, you'd very quickly have a terrifying group of forwards.
formulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulate View Post
I think it's absolutely an identity. The Flames have been playing above their heads, but only in terms of skill. Put the mentality of a Lance Bouma or Paul Byron inside the head of every Edmonton Oiler, you'd very quickly have a terrifying group of forwards.
my point is that I like the work ethic that the Flames portray. if the work ethic continues and we start drafting/acquiring some talent, then look out and we are on the win side.

and yes, you are right, if the Oilers had that same work ethic, they would be scarey good. well, i think they are still a few pieces away from being scarey good. mostly in the defence dept.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sample00 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #11
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

and I was agreeing with you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

Quote:
and I was agreeing with you
thank, misunderstood what you wrote.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sample00 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great article again. Gotta think that Bouma is very high on other teams acquiring list. Not that we should think about trading him.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

So true about Booms needing a new job in 3 years. Yeller was demolished and retired early hopefully Flames get couple more guys who can take some load off of him.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote