Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:
Default Humboldt Broncos. Personal thoughts today

According to the guys on the Fan960 we should not focus on Hockey talk, firings and hirings. i'm just saying that i believe its perfectly normal to keep moving on. without disrespecting what happened.

Last edited by Johnhitbox; 04-09-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve read your post over five times and I still don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly your point is here?
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are you saying? What did the Fan 960 day we shouldn't be talking about? Firings and changes in our team because if this tragedy?

Most of us are relatively disconnected from the actual people involved and share the tragedy as a result of geography, culture and empathy. However the world keeps turning and life goes on. It's not selfishness, it's necessity.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Sorry I know im really bad at writing of any kind.

My point is that a lot of people want to just continue on with hockey talk, and i think that it's okay. even though some people on the radio say otherwise.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he's trying to say that Fan960 suggested not talking normal hockey talk at a time like this, and he's disagreeing.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he probably meant discuss and not disguise at the end there. Pay respects...mourn...grieve...support...but life will go on. Discussing GG’s future replacement will go on too.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Its absolutely ok and for many part of the healing process.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #8
metroneck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Has one of the On Air guys specifically mentioned not to talk about it? I’ve been hearing the opposite message.

My take away is that many of us know someone who has ‘ridden the bus’, but it’s not about ‘oh my god that could have been me’, or making it about ourselves, rather sharing thoughts, and creating a place where those who are truly impacted by such tragedies to be heard.

I think it important not to judge people for how this impacts them.
metroneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #9
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhitbox View Post
Sorry I know im really bad at writing of any kind.

My point is that a lot of people want to just continue on with hockey talk, and i think that it's okay. even though some people on the radio say otherwise.
The 960 guys have been talking about it all day. Yes they have also included talk about the Flames because...well...that's their main purpose and they are broadcasting from the dome. They have had access to all the players and the GM for the first time in months.

The tragedy in Saskatchewan has dominated the airways for the last 72 hours, rightfully so, but that doesn't mean the world stops everywhere else. I watched an interview a couple hours ago with one of the fathers of a young man who lost his life Friday, and he was talking about hockey and baseball and how much his boy loved both.

As with all these kinds of tragedies, there is no playbook on how to move forward. They are doing their best and trying to balance respect for what happened and what their "job" is in Calgary.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #10
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
The 960 guys have been talking about it all day. Yes they have also included talk about the Flames because...well...that's their main purpose and they are broadcasting from the dome. They have had access to all the players and the GM for the first time in months.

The tragedy in Saskatchewan has dominated the airways for the last 72 hours, rightfully so, but that doesn't mean the world stops everywhere else. I watched an interview a couple hours ago with one of the fathers of a young man who lost his life Friday, and he was talking about hockey and baseball and how much his boy loved both.

As with all these kinds of tragedies, there is no playbook on how to move forward. They are doing their best and trying to balance respect for what happened and what their "job" is in Calgary.
Of course the professionalism comes first.