Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2024, 10:55 AM   #5361
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Despite people's hate for the Oilers, I would actually love Holloway (a local boy and a Flames fan) here in YYC.
I don't mind the player and I love the idea of using offer sheets. Somehow Carolina (and Montreal) have used offer sheets before and teams still trade with them. With the Flames cap space I think they should be really targetting young guys that are a step or two below the Seth Jarvis's of the RFA world. The Seth Jarvis guys cost too much (in terms of draft capital) and are always matched. The offer sheets that cost a 2nd or a 3rd I think are an ideal use of the offer sheet mechanism.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 10:55 AM   #5362
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kadri is worth more than $7M right now. 75 point, 2-way centre with jam who is the catalyst on his line. He really helped Pospisil's game.

The issue is he's 33 years old entering next season and will be 37 entering the last year of his contract. However, it's almost impossible to sign top UFA's without having those painful years on the backend of the contract.

Kadri shouldn't be going anywhere - he's the opposite of a problem for this team, and because of his age and term remaining, I can't see a trade fetching the value that's worth trading him for.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:10 AM   #5363
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Flames are going to have to make a ton of room for all these players lol.

Goodrow, Kakko, Necas, Holtz, Holloway, Krebs.

Who am I missing?
Debrusk.
HitterD is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HitterD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 11:12 AM   #5364
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hard pass on Kakko
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:17 AM   #5365
BrownDrake
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I had a friend who was involved in the the Sharks front office many years ago, he told me that management never decides when the time is to rebuild its always the players so no matter what you hear from management the players decide. It looks like our players began choosing a different direction and location starting with Matthew and Johnny. We've now signed some players based on being a contender like Markstrom, Kadri, Hubey, Coleman and now I guess Marky is voting to go. This will be a tough spin for management and likely Kadri/Coleman could also demand trades in coming years, hopefully they are productive enough that teams want them and they can be moved. Flames managements actions so far is "rebuilding" and not retooling but thats the only choice at the TDL as teams won't part with good young bodies, the true direction should become pretty obvious for us over the next 3 months...fingers crossed its a rebuild and one that targets being a bubble team in 2027/28 in that new arena.
BrownDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:28 AM   #5366
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
Kadri is worth more than $7M right now. 75 point, 2-way centre with jam who is the catalyst on his line. He really helped Pospisil's game.

The issue is he's 33 years old entering next season and will be 37 entering the last year of his contract. However, it's almost impossible to sign top UFA's without having those painful years on the backend of the contract.

Kadri shouldn't be going anywhere - he's the opposite of a problem for this team, and because of his age and term remaining, I can't see a trade fetching the value that's worth trading him for.
He will be 38 the last year of his contract. Some team may want Kadri but the contract and NMC limits any value you get. The value you get trading him is you get rid of a 5-year deal that could go sideways real fast and become untradeable at any point in those 5 years. Things can go sideways real fast here.

Also, major over reaction to Goodrow's value too. 50% retained I bet we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him in a year. Take him, build his value and get the pick that you might get for Kadri and remove the risk of being stuck with Kadri when high end prospects want to get paid.
Macho0978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:36 AM   #5367
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can the cup be awarded already...
Old 06-17-2024, 11:39 AM   #5368
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
He will be 38 the last year of his contract. Some team may want Kadri but the contract and NMC limits any value you get. The value you get trading him is you get rid of a 5-year deal that could go sideways real fast and become untradeable at any point in those 5 years. Things can go sideways real fast here.

Also, major over reaction to Goodrow's value too. 50% retained I bet we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him in a year. Take him, build his value and get the pick that you might get for Kadri and remove the risk of being stuck with Kadri when high end prospects want to get paid.
There isn’t a risk of being stuck with Kadri when the next set of big contracts come due.
So you’d retain on Kadri and add a pick to then retain on Goodrow to maybe get a 2nd or 3rd? Just buyout Kadri in year 6 of his deal.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:48 AM   #5369
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone have an intel on Kylington?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 11:57 AM   #5370
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
I inquired and the response was "Nothing to worry about, It's close. Player and Team want to be together."
Old 06-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #5371
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Yes, he is a defenseman that plays for the Calgary Flames. 27 years old, born in Stockholm, Sweden. 55 points in 201 games. Nominated for the Bill Masterson Memorial Trophy in the 2023-24 season.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 12:10 PM   #5372
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Larry Brooks is saying that the Rangers may want to buy out Goodrow. I would do a Goodrow and Kakko for a 7th I think. That whole Tampa line outside of Coleman is pretty bad right now but Goodrow would come at about half the price of Palat in terms of salary.
Only if he changes the spelling of his name and wears 13
Old 06-17-2024, 12:12 PM   #5373
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec214 View Post
I inquired and the response was "Nothing to worry about, It's close. Player and Team want to be together."
Nice! Throw the fans in there too. We feel the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 12:17 PM   #5374
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Yes, he is a defenseman that plays for the Calgary Flames. 27 years old, born in Stockholm, Sweden. 55 points in 201 games. Nominated for the Bill Masterson Memorial Trophy in the 2023-24 season.
The timing of this post being posted a minute after actual intel is making me laugh more than it should. Mondays haha
HitterD is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HitterD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 01:51 PM   #5375
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if that was Krebs.

Local kid, probably sees a lot of opportunity at forward on the Flames, especially at Center.

Something around Krebs and Mangiapane could make sense for both sides.
You know when traveling on a dark country road and you see two glowing eyes on the side of the road, that's Krebs.

He's only in the NHL because Buffalo is embarrassed on insisting he be included in the Eichel trade.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good