Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2024, 10:20 AM   #12421
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Come on, man. Given the previous lack of action, and the challenges involved, you can't look at the data and claim it hasn't been a tick on the success column:

https://www.sac-isc.gc.ca/eng/150651.../1533317130660

Well you can, but then I'd suspect you of feeling over fact.
There are plenty of sources that indicate the Liberals have failed on the water issue including the NDP statement, CBC and various unions like PSAC.

https://psacunion.ca/government-fail...ons%20reserves.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 08:00 AM   #12422
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Update on the NSICOP Report: Green Party Leader Elizabeth May does every Canadian a solid and just provides a reasonable update on the report, something both the Libs and the Conservatives absolutely failed to do. Libs just dodging clear communication for no good reason and PP refusing to "get tied up in Liberal secrets" with actively not getting a security clearance and his party supporting his childish surreptitious behavior.

Who would have thought the Greens were the reasonable party and treated the rest of us like adults in the room?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1800563436104843658
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2024, 08:25 AM   #12423
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Isn’t PP’s whole thing about not getting security clearance that he couldn’t comment on issues?

Weird, May must have super duper special ultra clearance then I guess. PP would never lie to people for political gain. It’s not like the leadership race in which he was elected was implicated as being subject to foreign interference or anything…
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #12424
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

The interview on CTV was a little different from the parliament press release. The difference between wittingly and unwittingly is where she appears to draw the line, and judging who was wittingly aiding is based off her own judgement call.

Of particular note, the most egregious case is the one of a former MP directly aiding and giving confidential secrets, as May specifically said "proactively" aided. While good to know we don't have a literal raging spy and foreign agent sitting in parliament today, that sure as heck doesn't warrant a sigh of relief. How is such a former MP that can be so blatant not in jail or charged right now considering this would have been since the 2021 or even 2019 election? We also know that this individual would have involved India and we have a list of former MPs available. At this point at the very least this person should be charged as it will unfairly cast a cloud.

But at the same time reading between the lines Elizabeth May specifically mentions Han Dong by name (as she states is public domain) and categorizes him as one of the unwitting or one where it's not black and white if we was a foreign agent. If that's her standard of what gives a sigh of relief, it's not exactly comforting Did she think that we were completely infiltrated by foreign spies or something and that there was a list of known agents handing out confidential government intel? That's not at all what the released redacted report insinuated. Her threshold of what constitutes wittingly seems high.

The redacted report specifically states "Some elected officials, however, began wittingly assisting foreign state actors soon after
their election"

That's not "one". The report says "some"

Line 59 states "The *** network had some contact with at least 11 candidates and 13 campaign
staffers, some of whom appeared to be wittingly working for the PRC. 151"

Again, the term "wittingly working for the PRC" was used when mentioning candidates and staffers

In any case, this is still a start of a clearer picture but most definitely not comforting that we only have just one clearly obvious spy that betrayed Canada that May's judgement can safely say is a spy

Last edited by Firebot; 06-12-2024 at 09:05 AM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #12425
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Update on the NSICOP Report: Green Party Leader Elizabeth May does every Canadian a solid and just provides a reasonable update on the report, something both the Libs and the Conservatives absolutely failed to do. Libs just dodging clear communication for no good reason and PP refusing to "get tied up in Liberal secrets" with actively not getting a security clearance and his party supporting his childish surreptitious behavior.

Who would have thought the Greens were the reasonable party and treated the rest of us like adults in the room?

Anyone who has been following federal politics for any amount of time...
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 05:57 PM   #12426
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post

Well...today was a doozy. Much to the chagrin of Ozy_Flame and Pepsifree, Singh has seen the report and saw quite a different picture than the Wifi-is-harming-our-children reasonable party has lead us to believe. I would believe Singh's recollection a little more credible than May.

Singh is now more alarmed today and has specifically stated there are several (plural not one) traitors within our parliament. Quite a stark contrast from May breathing a sigh of relief.

Of note is that Singh himself has been targeted by India and we again know the NDP is the one party who has the least to lose on this. He has also stated he can safely see no reason to act within his own party.

Will all that being said, I think at this point, with all other leaders except Poilievre having security clearance, Poilievre must bite the bullet and get security clearance to read the unredacted report. Not getting it is hurting him more than helping now that May, Singh and soon Blanchet will have read the report.

Singh's comments does one of two things:
  1. Poilievre should get the clearance now to show he cares about the negative impact to his party, particularly in regards to the leadership race.
  2. If Poilievre does read it, and finds a Conservative MP is on the list as a witting participant, he needs to absolutely make a statement (since he cannot remove outright) that the person accused should step up and resign. This is well beyond partisan politics and diaspora politics and he should see this as well (again assuming there is a Conservative MP in the list)

There's one Conservative MP in particular who's name has surfaced in relation to interference involving India that the NDP has questioned recently. Which is even more reason for Poilievre to just read the report and make a legitimate statement

https://www.ndp.ca/investigate-conse...PWS_NDP_EN_ALL

That leave us with the big giant white elephant in the room that once the usuals get their PP kicks may have to admit:

Trudeau knew. Trudeau also likely knows most if not all of the names are Liberal MPs. Trudeau blocked the inquiry, and also tried to hide it with the special rapporteur mockery. Also by process of elimination, it is highly likely that the former MP may be a Liberal MP (seeing 2019 and 2021 MPs that lost their seat and would have had security clearance).

Liberals actions towards blocking the release of the names so adamantly that they would have known about for years, they must feel releasing the names is much more damaging.

I think the next step has to be Poilievre's as the Liberals have clearly made their line in the sand. My personal opinion. If Poilievre does take that step, I think Singh needs to follow it up step up and make a motion of non confidence if he's truly serious. We are about to get in the summer break and there is a high likelihood the Liberals may prorogue parliament.

Last edited by Firebot; 06-13-2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:32 PM   #12427
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Love how deep I am inside your head. The place ain’t much to brag about but the rent is free.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:37 PM   #12428
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I agree that this is not at partisan issue.

If there are any Conservatives involved - they need to be outed and ousted.

I hate this crap within the government.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:45 PM   #12429
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, why TF doesn't PP have security clearance?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 06:50 PM   #12430
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Very good points from all commentators.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:56 PM   #12431
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Love how deep I am inside your head. The place ain’t much to brag about but the rent is free.
K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Careful. Firebot is going to lose his ####ing #### if he finds out you’re doing a whataboutism, too!

Liberals only. No other parties can be mentioned (except NDP). ONLY LIBERALS (and NDP).
https://forum.calgarypuck.com/search...rchid=12786150

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/search...rchid=12786156

42 to 21, seems like quite the opposite and I'm in your head because you either mention me or quote me by name twice as much as I quote or mention you. And that's without all the deliberate misspellings and insinuations.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:56 PM   #12432
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Plausible deniability.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 06:59 PM   #12433
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Tom Mulcair completely sides with Poilievre's reasoning as leader of the opposition, though at this point this stance hurts him more than helps
Old 06-13-2024, 07:01 PM   #12434
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Plausible deniability.
He wants to argue and gaslight about topics he only knows a bit about, instead of keeping his trap shut and conducting himself like a statesman on things he's fully informed on.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:13 PM   #12435
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe he can't get one?
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:19 PM   #12436
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Plausible deniability.
Ah the ol' "my fingers appear to be stuck in my ears, so I really can't hear the question to comment." Just what you want in a future PM.
Old 06-13-2024, 08:57 PM   #12437
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
K.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/search...rchid=12786150

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/search...rchid=12786156

42 to 21, seems like quite the opposite and I'm in your head because you either mention me or quote me by name twice as much as I quote or mention you. And that's without all the deliberate misspellings and insinuations.
I’m so far in your head you’re actually trying to research statistics to prove I’m not in your head. Hahahaha.
Old 06-13-2024, 08:59 PM   #12438
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Ah the ol' "my fingers appear to be stuck in my ears, so I really can't hear the question to comment." Just what you want in a future PM.
Yeah. I mean, security clearance doesn’t stop other politicians from… you know… having an intelligent opinion about something, but it would stop them from completely talking out of their ass and… you know… that’s kind of his thing.
Old 06-13-2024, 09:00 PM   #12439
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toot Toot!
Old 06-13-2024, 10:10 PM   #12440
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So…. Tell me what you really think about foreign interference.

Or are we going to continue to gab more about the “future PM” as he has been called.

/g