Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #7201
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jay Uso is a smelly cat.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:48 PM   #7202
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they'd give Bron Breakker a theme that at least starts with the Steiner siren, it's such low hanging fruit haha
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 10:41 PM   #7203
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Bron's music

It has the sirens and the dog barking. Yeah it's kinda generic, yet I find it catchy and it suits a Steiner. I also loved Priest's old music. Now someone like Dragon Lee has awful theme music.

Also Dom looking for his vest tonight was definitely inspired by Mr. Burns.

"See my vest! See my vest! See my vest"

Last edited by trackercowe; 06-17-2024 at 10:44 PM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:35 PM   #7204
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a huge fan of the Wyatt spooky-wooky stuff either. The WWE is pretty hot right now and shouldn't need to rely on silly gimmicks like this to make waves. It looks cool, and seemed to go over with the live audience... but it's straight up camp and runs out of steam fast. Even Bray couldn't make it work, and The Field was pretty terrible towards the end. I respect Hunter for giving it a chance and employing Bo Dallas, but couldn't they have found something more suited for his talents?

I think giving him the Wyatt cult leader mantle would have worked. Bray delivered on the cult leader persona, as did Luke Harper. Why not do the same with Bo? The demonic angle never works (other than Taker). It didn't work for Bray, it didn't work for Judgement Day/Edge, it didn't work in AEW with The Dark Order. Even Retribution leaned into that, and failed miserably. The one person who sort of made it work was Matt Hardy, but only because he knew it was cheese and treated it as straight up camp. In a professionally run organization it's just a bad look.

So they took out the 'entire' roster... now what. Where do they go with them? They almost made it seem like Nexus or an invasion angle, as they wiped out everyone backstage. So are they going to seek vengeance next week? Will anyone care... or will they just move on with their current feuds? It's a stable full of lower card talent as well. The Wyatt Sicks do not belong in the main event. It's just bad booking. I guess they're aiming to sell merchandise and create buzz... but I think it will cripple Raw if they make this the focal point of the show. In a show with Punk, Drew, Priest, Rollins, etc they shouldn't waste time on this.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 11:57 PM   #7205
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Also Dom looking for his vest tonight was definitely inspired by Mr. Burns.

"See my vest! See my vest! See my vest"

Hahaha... I posted this in the SquaredCircle live reddit without any thought the minute I saw that:

Quote:
See my vest
See my vest
Worn on Livvvv Morgan's chest
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2024, 12:08 AM   #7206
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Even Bray couldn't make it work, and The Field was pretty terrible towards the end.
He and Vince apparently had vastly different visions for The Fiend which isn't surprising because it's Vince and he can ruin a good thing pretty quick.

I think with HHH he would have let him do what he wanted and it could have survived longer than it did.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote