Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2024, 08:55 AM   #4661
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Watched the first couple episodes of Apple TV's "Dark Matter" last night. While mostly predictable and yet another multiverse themed show, I still liked it, has potential.

Also... Jennifer Connelly's nice to look at.
Read the book a few years back; the series is decently done and sticks reasonably to the storyline - prob b/c the author wrote a lot of the screenplay.

Fun and well-paced.

Last edited by taxbuster; 06-02-2024 at 09:06 AM. Reason: sp fix
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 11:32 AM   #4662
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I love watching older series, not super old series but older series. Right now I'm doing rewatches of

BattleStar Galactica - The first two seasons are still as good as it gets, even the start of the third series is exceptional and shows the worst of humanity as they recover from the year of living with the cylons. I'm about half way through season three, and I still chuckle at the "Cylon's have a plan". But the acting is brilliant, the battles are awesome, and they are so good with details as the number of surviving humans changes at the start of every show building a sense of jeopardy.

Jericho - What happens in small town America when America is attacked with Nuclear weapons. I'm only halfway through the first season, but this is such a well acted series, and they do a really good job building tension and fear, and the whole how is our town going to survive. Of course they need to ignore science in a lot of ways. After the bomb strikes, the town gets rained on that carries fallout, but they basically hide in their shelters and mines over night and the radiation is gone.

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. I just got through the first season of this show that was shamefully cancelled too soon. An amazing cast. The first season was a bit slow, but really ramped up in the second season. In the first season it was all about tracking "The Turk" a chess playing computer that eventually becomes skynet. Summer Glau was exceptionally good in this series, its a shame that she's pretty much retired now. But a great watch.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote