Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2024, 03:16 PM   #7261
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
What is your definition of genocide? Does it align with the commonly accepted definition? Here is the UN definition of genocide:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

A. Killing members of the group;
B. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
D. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
D. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Which part of this definition do you think doesn't apply to what Israel is doing?
If Gaza is a nation, their 'elected government' invaded another country and are currently defending themselves from the country they attacked. Not a genocide. All they need to do to stop this attack is surrender. Not genocide in any capacity and certainly offensive to those that have and are currently facing such threats.

If Gaza was an ethnic group, they are the same ethnic group as Muslims living in Israel, Jordan, Syria, etc. Not a genocide. Same goes for racial and religious groups. A significant portion of Israel are Muslims, the same group as those living in Gaza and Israel treats them better than Hamas does. In fact, Israel also treats women better than they are treated in Gaza. Not genocide.

A and B and C are easily solved, just surrender. That will be especially hard since the majority of the population supports Hamas, but I guess years of brainwashing, murdering political opponents and ethnically cleansing Gaza from anyone else will result in people being afraid of speaking up. The education system has been exposed in Gaza, time for some changes when this is over.

D and D? are not happening. In fact, the population has grown steadily. So, no genocide.

This is a war and everything you want to happen, genocide of Israel, is what you are projecting onto Israel. Pretty gross. Israel has no advantage of Gaza being radicalized as they are now. Elect a moderate government, one that doesn't want war and one that doesn't have the pay to slay system like Abbas brings, and one where the citizens also don't want war. Then groups like Hamas will have more challenges building their infrastructure since civilians will report them. Let them prosper, like Muslims in Israel.

How about talking about what would make peace work or what military options Israel has to deal with the assorted genocidal terrorist groups on its borders?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #7262
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, let's work out a peace plan for the ME on a hockey forum...

Most of us you are so critical of just want the killing of innocent civilians to stop, and understand only one side is actually going to stop doing it. I don't know how you stop Hamas or other terrorist groups, but what is absolutely obvious is you don't do it by making the lives of innocent people hell, full of death, starvation, and disease, unless you plan on killing every last one of them(and I don't mean just the terrorists).

If they kill 10 of your people, you don't have peace after you kill 100 of theirs. You just have 110 dead people. You seem to fail to understand that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #7263
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
If Gaza is a nation, their 'elected government' invaded another country and are currently defending themselves from the country they attacked. Not a genocide. All they need to do to stop this attack is surrender. Not genocide in any capacity and certainly offensive to those that have and are currently facing such threats.

If Gaza was an ethnic group, they are the same ethnic group as Muslims living in Israel, Jordan, Syria, etc. Not a genocide. Same goes for racial and religious groups. A significant portion of Israel are Muslims, the same group as those living in Gaza and Israel treats them better than Hamas does. In fact, Israel also treats women better than they are treated in Gaza. Not genocide.

A and B and C are easily solved, just surrender. That will be especially hard since the majority of the population supports Hamas, but I guess years of brainwashing, murdering political opponents and ethnically cleansing Gaza from anyone else will result in people being afraid of speaking up. The education system has been exposed in Gaza, time for some changes when this is over.

D and D? are not happening. In fact, the population has grown steadily. So, no genocide.

This is a war and everything you want to happen, genocide of Israel, is what you are projecting onto Israel. Pretty gross. Israel has no advantage of Gaza being radicalized as they are now. Elect a moderate government, one that doesn't want war and one that doesn't have the pay to slay system like Abbas brings, and one where the citizens also don't want war. Then groups like Hamas will have more challenges building their infrastructure since civilians will report them. Let them prosper, like Muslims in Israel.

How about talking about what would make peace work or what military options Israel has to deal with the assorted genocidal terrorist groups on its borders?
Hey skeeterboot, this is the reason why we talk to Nage the way we do.

You need help man. You're dangerous to society.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:16 PM   #7264
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is the reason why we talk to Nage the way we do.

How about you or one of your anti Jewish talking heads post a plan for peace instead of screaming genocide genocide genocide every 2nd post, and since peace cannot happen as long as the savages called Hamas continue to rule how about a plan to get rid of them?

After years of crazy suicide bombings and thousands of rockets lobbed into Israel the Jews were already at their wits end, Oct 7th put them over the top and it wont stop until Hamas is gone, no matter how many times the word genocide is screamed it won't change a thing.

Want it to end, how about start protesting against the countries harbouring the Hamas leaders to get them to give them up.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 05:27 PM   #7265
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
How about you or one of your anti Jewish talking heads post a plan for peace instead of screaming genocide genocide genocide every 2nd post, and since peace cannot happen as long as the savages called Hamas continue to rule how about a plan to get rid of them?

After years of crazy suicide bombings and thousands of rockets lobbed into Israel the Jews were already at their wits end, Oct 7th put them over the top and it wont stop until Hamas is gone, no matter how many times the word genocide is screamed it won't change a thing.

Want it to end, how about start protesting against the countries harbouring the Hamas leaders to get them to give them up.
There is no anti Jewish posters. Stop saying this. It's getting really tiring especially coming from a bigot and racist like you.

You are a self admitted hater of Palestinians because of their religion. You're a bigot and a hateful person. Nobody here hates jews. You hate Muslims. Look in the mirror buddy.

You can't post one thing or quote one thing where anyone has said anything to even suggest we hate jews. You admit you hate Muslims.

Also we CP posters are supposed to make a plan for Hamas to stop ruling Gaza? Are we that powerful of a message board?

I honestly feel really bad for someone that can harbour so much hate as you. Maybe that's why you think we are "anti Jewish"? Because of the hate that flows through you? You think it's normal?
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 06:20 PM   #7266
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Give your head a shake moron, my dislike of religion doesn't make me a hate anyone and I don't, so stop calling me a racist

And you are at least acting anti Jew, I didn't see you attacking other Muslims for their genocide in Yemen that killed 225,000, or how about the Chinese killing millions of Muslims.

You're not fooling anyone. I also have you pegged as an alter ego
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 06:20 PM   #7267
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Hey skeeterboot, this is the reason why we talk to Nage the way we do.

You made a post that I responded to, and instead of refuting that response or agreeing to parts of it, you instead call names and say more horrible things. Funny how that seems to be the way with a significant portion of the 'pro-Palestinian crowd', the same group who I have argued for years are a detriment to Palestinians and an obstacle to peace. Post after post I call for peace and post after post you antagonize and avoid debate.

Then you call me dangerous. You don't want freedom of speech and cheer on the group that oppresses women, dissidents, LGB and you happen to be on the same side as the leader of Iran, another voice for peace, your style.

It isn't me who is dangerous and a detriment to civilization.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 06:25 PM   #7268
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You made a post that I responded to, and instead of refuting that response or agreeing to parts of it, you instead call names and say more horrible things. Funny how that seems to be the way with a significant portion of the 'pro-Palestinian crowd', the same group who I have argued for years are a detriment to Palestinians and an obstacle to peace. Post after post I call for peace and post after post you antagonize and avoid debate.

Then you call me dangerous. You don't want freedom of speech and cheer on the group that oppresses women, dissidents, LGB and you happen to be on the same side as the leader of Iran, another voice for peace, your style.

More lies by Nage. Accusing him of cheering on Hamas is a despicable lie but don't expect much better from you. Lies. Lies and more lies.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 06:26 PM   #7269
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Oct 7th put them over the top and it wont stop until Hamas is gone, no matter how many times the word genocide is screamed it won't change a thing.
One thing many of the posters are missing is that Israel is absolutely the smallest nation in the region and are completely surrounded. Ultimate destruction of their enemy through massive bombs or sending soldiers in, which they don't have a lot of (compared to their neighbors).

There wasn't much of a choice for Israel...the rockets haven't stopped for 20 years. Enough was certainly enough. Crazy that these posters here find any and every reason or conspiracy to spin things against Israel.

One side preaches genocide, blame Israel. One side murdered children with their bare hands, blame Israel. One side oppressing their own citizens to the point of murdering them and stealing their food, call Israel Nazis. Women getting raped, deny it. Blow up a hospital, blame Israel. UN only attacking Israel, no evidence of that. It just never ends.

Now they protest at universities, this vocal minority, with the same lies, rhetoric and hate speech they repeat here. Just vile all around.

They have been vocal for years on this same website to deny any chance at peace, ever. Yet they call us names.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 07:50 PM   #7270
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eff me. Now he's claiming the tens of thousands of slaughtered civilians is some sort of conspiracy to spin things against Israel.

That the people protesting against this vile repulsive slaughter are vile because they protest against a slaughter of innocents. That they have compassion. He j just can't relate to that.

He's defended and excused the slaughter of innocents yet cries because he's been called on it.

Never mind the thousands of slaughtered. The thousands more maimed. Missing limbs. The whole population that is traumatised for life.

Never mind them. They're trivial. Let's all cry for Nage Waza. The real victim here.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 08:36 PM   #7271
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Give your head a shake moron, my dislike of religion doesn't make me a hate anyone and I don't, so stop calling me a racist

And you are at least acting anti Jew, I didn't see you attacking other Muslims for their genocide in Yemen that killed 225,000, or how about the Chinese killing millions of Muslims.

You're not fooling anyone. I also have you pegged as an alter ego
Dude, just stop, you’re literally the only person in this conversation that watches and shares white supremacist propaganda. You can try to twist anti-Israeli government sentiments into something “anti-Jew” all you want but everyone knows you’re just doing it because you’re projecting your anti-Arab, Islamophobic hate onto others.

Scummy stuff.

Quote:

You insult people all the time instead of refuting their response.

And, what’s worse, you twist people’s words to make them sounds worse. Nobody has “cheered on” Hamas, yet here you are, lying, because that’s all you have, because just like Snuff, it’s all you can do to project your own hate onto others.

The vast majority of Israelis are great people. There are people like Ben Gvir who aren’t. You regularly seem to side with the latter. Much like blankall, at a certain point, it’s probably worth asking whether you’re trolling or you’re so stupid you actually interpret other posters words the way you’ve distorted them. I hope for your sake it’s the former.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 08:38 PM   #7272
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Eff me. Now he's claiming the tens of thousands of slaughtered civilians is some sort of conspiracy to spin things against Israel.

That the people protesting against this vile repulsive slaughter are vile because they protest against a slaughter of innocents. That they have compassion. He j just can't relate to that.

He's defended and excused the slaughter of innocents yet cries because he's been called on it.

Never mind the thousands of slaughtered. The thousands more maimed. Missing limbs. The whole population that is traumatised for life.

Never mind them. They're trivial. Let's all cry for Nage Waza. The real victim here.
It’s harder to find a post where he doesn’t insult someone or lie about them/their opinion (sometimes just making up his own) than it is to find one where he doesn’t. Then he plays victim. Hilarious.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 09:16 PM   #7273
Nage Waza

Exp:

Multiple posts and neither of you did anything but insult other users. No attempt at debate, just name calling, smears and other ugly stuff. Just like usual.

As other posters have pointed out several times, you are attacking me over and over with no attempt to discuss the topic or refute what I wrote. Those that have engaged have had good conversations. This is exactly what is happening on university campuses and people are sick of it. Extreme left wing tactic is to end discussion and silence dissidents. That is beyond obvious here what you guys are attempting. It is embarrassing.

You guys have each jumped the shark. Total insanity.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:31 PM   #7274
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Dude, just stop, you’re literally the only person in this conversation that watches and shares white supremacist propaganda. You can try to twist anti-Israeli government sentiments into something “anti-Jew” all you want but everyone knows you’re just doing it because you’re projecting your anti-Arab, Islamophobic hate onto others.

Scummy stuff.

I've asked you three times to post a link where I posted white supremacist islamophobic propaganda and being the gigantic tool you are you failed to do so. Your a lying sack of crap.

I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread, you and your alter ego can start a new one to sling your personal attacks and BS
Old 06-02-2024, 09:37 PM   #7275
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok. It’s Sunday evening. I have had a few pints, so forgive my wording and such.

This is a weird question, but let’s draw a line in the san of time at Oct 7. (Sorry, o k ow I didn’t word that right).

What would you consider to be an adequate response by Israel to what Hamas did?

Nobody is happy with 30000 Palestinian live lost. I know I’m not.

So what is the ratio that you would consider an acceptable response?

Are we thinking that 6:1 Palestinian deaths is acceptable for what Hamas did on Oct 7?
Is the numbe 5:1, 4:1, 3:1, 2:1?

Should Israel make sure the number is 1:1?

Sorry, it’s not a nice thing to consider or talk about, and I don’t like it at all.

But what would you consider to be an acceptable response?
I am not trying to downplay the importance of lives on both sides of the conflict here. I believe that Israel has taken steps me liberties within the war.

Honest question? What is an acceptable response to Oct 7?