View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #23
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm now halfway done season 2. I'm actually mad at myself for not watching Twin Peaks sooner. Easily in my top 10 shows ever. I absolutely love all the characters and all of the changes in tone from horror/thriller elements to zany comedy to soap opera melodrama and twists. All of the characters are written really well.

The trio of Lara Flynn Boyle, Madchen Amick and Sherilyn Fenn is hard to beat as far as gorgeous leading ladies goes.

I'm gonna power through the rest of season two, watch the prequel and then pick up the revival soon as I'm done.

The debate surrounding should/shouldn't they have revealed Laura Palmer's killer is interesting and I won't go into much detail here, other than to say that I was a bit disappointed when it first happened, because how could it not feel like a letdown after all the buildup and mystery, but now that I'm a couple of episodes past, I don't really care because the show is so enthralling.
Indeed. Yes that may have been the reason why it got cancelled.. there was such a high with the mystery that afterwards it took a bit for the show to pick up again and move onto other plots.

With the new season, it's super well done and Lynch is using his artistic license to the extreme. Kyle Maclachlan is doing an unbelievable job so far. It's unlike any other show for sure. But it almost forces you to finish off the original, because as a seasoned vet of Twin Peaks my head is absolutely spinning with the new episodes

It's terrific though.. hands down the best thing since sliced bread. When it originally got cancelled, Lynch still had these new episodes in mind, so that's what's keeping it so (or at least somewhat by Lynch standards) cohesive and enthralling.
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote