View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #7
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Like you mean the Stamps gave up on him, too, even after the release? I'm no GM but I'd gladly take him back this year with the team we've got so far.
Yeah Huf said a couple months back he was pretty much ready to move on from Fuller because the guy just cant stay healthy and the import aspect of him will be hard to keep him around.

Quote:
“Jeff has great size — the only thing is he hasn’t been on the field as much as you’d like him to be,” Hufnagel said. “That’s part of the reason why our interest isn’t what it would have been two years ago when he first came on board.”

“I’m not sure what has come from those workouts,” Hufnagel said. “Jeff’s in a situation where with us changing the ratio and a receiver being a Canadian spot in this coming year — forecasted to be a Canadian spot — we can’t bring all the American receivers in that we have in the past. We want to bring some young guys up to compete, so I’m not sure where Jeff’s going to land.”

“We tried to move Jeff around, but his best position has been at the outside receiver position, and one of those is going to be a Canadian spot now,” Hufnagel reiterated. “We feel that we have enough talent, and with our off-season acquisitions, we’ll make sure that we have more than enough to make sure that we have a dangerous outside receiver.”

I heard/read that the Stamps will have 16 different receivers in camp this season...not the least of which are Joe West and Greg Wilson who both look like they can be big time WR in this league.