View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
As you said in another thread, isn't it true that one thing you stress doing is for people in these situations is having an honest conversation with their bank, prior to missing a payment - if possible?

Or is this false?
100% the very first step you need to take is speaking to your bank. Often you can defer a mortgage payment or find some solution. Communication is key!
It is unfortunate but most people really do get that first letter and feel hopeless. You realize the income won't be there to keep supporting the mortgage and use that towards living your life until you are evicted. The reality is, you have plenty of options and speaking with a realtor and lawyer will give you some ideas as to a direction other than completely giving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW View Post
Wow and they say used car salesman are bad.

You should go to Fort Mac and sell some water. I hear they have good demand these days.
Typically I would simply delete such a post. As a long time paying member of the site and one who has built countless relationships with CP members I do not quite understand the logic of your post.

I am making it clear to people who are facing foreclosure that you have options. As one simple example, one may be facing foreclosure and have some equity in their home. Instead of giving up and 6 months down the road having 10s of thousands of dollars in foreclosure fees chew into all of your equity, you could have sold the home, avoided a payout penalty and had the fees put to a stop against your file.

Your skewed view of my profession comes as no surprise - you have been a headache to the moderators of this site when they are forced into cleaning up your unnecessary posts.

I would love to hear where you see my post as trying to take advantage of someone vs giving them options outside of quitting. To be completely honest, it is disgusting that you would use the current situation in Fort Mac as a opportunity to crack a joke and call me out.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: