View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #58
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Mine as well, but the over-exaggeration of how good the food is by some people is a bit ridiculous. For example, you constantly hear people say how they've ate the lobster every night and it was just so good. Nope, it's not. It's a small rock lobster that doesn't even have claws which is the best meat. Warm water lobster is chewy and gross compared to cold water lobster from Maine/Maritimes that we are used to up here that we pay $20/pound for.

Doesn't bother me that it's subpar lobster, because like you said, my expectations or low, but I always have a good chuckle to myself when someone from Edmonton is sitting at the pool next to me telling me they had the best meal of their life last night.
I see what you're saying, yeah for me if I want a really good meal I do my research and my wife and I go off resort. Beyond that its just sustenance, cheap food to soak up the cheap booze.

I dont go to All-Inclusive resorts to be immersed in another culture and explore a new country, I go to get the hell away from my own. They're like an Oasis that serves margaritas.

Again, I differentiate between 'Travel' and 'Vacation.'

All-Inclusives are a Vacation.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: