View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1011
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I agree with TAO here (i know, right? ). EDIT: Also Parallex on the idea of deadline deal.

I would say the Jays window to compete is another two years, until JD is a free agent. This is noticeable in the contracts given out over the last couple years. Many end during that time.

The Jays are at that point where they need to decide whether to compete over the next two years, or go all in.

AA was the latter. I think Shapiro is the former. Nothing wrong with either philosophy, there are pros and cons to each and it always depends on the type of players available. I would hate to have the jays not make it to the WS when they got so lucky with some of their moves over the last few years.

Given the "buy low" on a guy like Cutch, his two year, cheap contract, and the need for a multi-tool player, if they are going to go for it, he would be a guy to look at - which is why they kicked the tires on him. (also, full disclosure - i love Cutch. dude is exactly the type of player we need. He is Fowler++

I could see the Jays circling around again on Cutch during the season. If we are looking for a piece, he could be someone to add at the deadline.

Last edited by Cappy; 01-17-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote