Thread: PlayStation VR
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #60
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I've never been overly sensitive to resolution. I can barely tell the difference between 720 and 1080 and UltraHD or whatever the heck it is now.

A couple of my friends tried it and they have no issues, but they have never used VR before. I feel like if there was a focus dial like on the Samsung, it would fix my problems. The Samsung was crystal clear and far more immersive, which sounds dumb. The graphics were obviously much worse but clear.

With London Heist it felt like I was trying to play it with a concussion. I'm baffled.

The field of view is noticeably less too. Feels like I'm looking through a small dive mask....

Maybe I'm too picky....
It sounds like you aren't moving the headset up to your face? With the button on the bottom?

I've owned Oculus, Vive, and now PSVR. They all have the dive mask feel and of the three, the PSVR actually has the least "screen door effect" because you can move the screen back and forth. Have you adjusted the screen position away from or closer to your eyes? This is the best mounting system I've had out of all the above.

My main problem is the pixel pitch/resolution issues but its comparable to the Vive, if only slightly lower. The main thing is the black levels of the screen are terrible. In dark scenes in games, you still get constantly lit pixels just colored dark. It's like the first gen LCD TVs where everything was a shimmering gray instead of actual black which they now do by selectively turning off certain pixels in dark areas of the TV screen.

For issues with focus, try closing one eye at at time while moving the headset around and back and forth until it's sharp in one eye. Then open the other eye and try the same. If it's not working, have you tried adjusting the eye distance setting?

PSVR's focus is a combination of the button on the bottom of the screen which moves the unit back and forth and measuring your eye distance with the PS camera (it's an app in the settings).
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote