Thread: Dash Cams
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #60
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
To echo this, I have Ojocam pro 2's in both my vehicles, and they have worked flawlessly for the 5 months or so I have had them.

I bought on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/OJOCAM-Pro2-Plu...eywords=ojocam

And also bought the hardwire kit, and a fuse tap. Installation takes about 30 minutes. With about 29 of the minutes spent running the wires/tucking them up in the headliner. It's very easy.

I get that some people like big cheesy devices all over their windshield and dashboard, but I prefer OEM look and fit, and these things just tuck up nicely behind the mirror. Another benefit to this, is it is very hard to notice it from the outside of the car, so you don't have to remove it when you park at a mall or whatever.
Yeah, I saw it on Amazon, but decided to go direct from Ojocam cause the price was a bit lower. But if you have Amazon Prime, you do get the free two day shipping, no? I had to wait for mine.

But yeah, I'm a total newbie when it comes to DIY on cars. I like to think that I know more than I actually do.

It was super easy to wire the hardwire kit to an add-a-fuse circuit that I got at Auto Value for like $5. Start to finish, the entire process took around 45 minutes. But most of that was me working really slowly, but mostly it was trying to tuck the wire into the trim.

It still isn't 100% in there. Some of the wire is sticking out of the A-pillar trim, so it doesn't look as pretty as it should, but its in there for the most part. The camera itself is awesome. I wanted something really low-profile, and this fits the bill perfectly. It powers up immediately when I start the car, and turns itself off a few seconds after the ignition is turned off.

Roughly 5 months later, its still going strong. Recording quality is great, no complaints at all. Only thing is, a friend who got one just before me said try to avoid removing the camera from the mount repeatedly. His still worked fine, but to him, it looked like it may loosen up if you played with it too much. Take it as you will. But for me, its easy enough to reach up and take out the SD card when I need to pull a recording, and I keep a small SD card case in my centre console. I never have the need to remove the camera.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote