View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #7749
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
I never realized how much of a garbage man Draisaitl was. Went back and watched AC's comps of Sean and they were much more impressive.

I think Drai is stronger on the puck and better on the cycle, where as Sean has better IQ, a better shot, and is better around the net. When you factor in Sean making 6.3M vs Drai looking to make upwards of 8.5M, it's quite obvious who I'd rather have on my team.

Both great young players going forward, but I think it's hilarious what kind of golden paintbrush Draisaitl gets smeared with just because he was fortunate enough to play with elite linemates two years in a row.
I think Draisaitl is becoming incredibly over hyped and over rated. And its going to cost the Oilers badly.

I mean I'm not saying trade him. I think he's a good young player. But do I think that he's a super mega star? Not really. The year before last he started well and ended poorly when McDavid went out. Then last year he moved to the wing for McDavid and lit it up, but did very little on his own.

The Oilers have to be sure that they're going to spend mega dollars on a guy that can stand on his own and make his own contributions. They don't want to pay megadollars on a guy that can really only produce with McDavid banging in the trash.

For you historians out there, does anyone remember the tale of Warren Young the Wise?

He was a career minor league who at the age of I think 28 made the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was promptly put on a line with a rookie Mario and put up 40 goals and 72 points. He then signed one of the larger free agent contracts at the time with the Red Wings and went there and busted. the Pens traded back for him, but Mario already had other linemates so he floated out of hockey.

I'm not saying that Leon is going to be Warren Young and bust out of hockey without McDavid. But I am saying that I hope that Leon signs a 9.5 million dollar contract with the Oilers and never ever lives up to the hype and they sign a guy thats a good side kick but can't function on his own.

That would be aces.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!