View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #975
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten View Post
He's only 22 also...23 next month. At least he's not a 27 year-old. What's his game like?

Being 22, why's he with his third team in two years? Seems strange to me.
He's an exciting player to watch. He's fast and is full of energy. He isn't afraid to hit people either. He's got a rocket of a wrist shot as well, which is very accurate.

Even though he's 22, he played in the NCAA until he graduated, so he was already 21 by the time he got a chance to turn pro. He got signed by the Providence Bruins as a depth guy for the Calder Cup playoffs and only played 7 games.

Then he got signed to a PTO this season by the Grand Rapids Griffins, but for some reason couldn't cut it with them so he got sent down to Toledo of the ECHL and almost went a point per game with them. I guess he caught the eye of someone in the Flames organization, so the Heat signed him.

I wouldn't worry about his age too much since he's an NCAA product. But he pretty much grabbed this opportunity with the Heat and has fit in very well.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: