View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #77
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knalus View Post
If I were to give you advice, I would say that if you look at the responses to your original post, it appears many people don't get your problem, and many others seem to think you are acting like an a$$. Not saying you are or are not, but many people here think so. If it were one or two people, you could consider that a coincidence. When it's this many, it's not. You may feel that you are entirely justified in what you want/are doing, but you certainly aren't getting your point across. You should probably step back, take a good, dispassionate view of the situation, figure out what it is you are doing/saying that bothers people as much as it does, and figure out a better way of getting your point across. Remember, it's not just that you talk to your neighbors, its how you talk to them. Suck up your pride and figure this out. The last thing you want is a feud, cause then when you've had it, then you WILL have to think about your resale value. In that case, fighting with your neighbor could hurt your resale vale far, far, far worse than a broken down truck.
I think most people seem to have a problem with me not paying for a fence that I didn't agree to having in the first place. It might be easy for some people to say just go pay for it but I would like to find out if they were in the same situation would they bend over, like the claim they would, and just pay whatever the neighbour wanted. Probably not. I guess we'll never know.

The bylaw officer did call me back just now. He said that he gave them notice to move both the truck and the giant snow plow blade. They didn't and claimed they were having problems finding a tow truck (oddly enough). He served them notice again today and said if they didn't move it by next week then he'll move both things himself. I guess I was interpreting the bylaw correctly.

The only vile thing I can think of doing is maybe knocking down their empty blue recycle bin.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote