View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #44
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Yeah, further to my fear of heights is my nightmare scenario of watching one of my kids fall off a tall building or cliff. Like when I see some video of some guy doing handstands on top of a cliff or something my first immediate thought is oh god, he's really high. If my kid was on that mountain she would jump to her doom.

Talk about a double whammy fear.
Oh man, I mentioned one of the most terrifying moments with my daughter in another thread. My second most terrifying moment was winter time. We were living in a bungalow where the back door led to a small 4x6 landing that had a 4 steps up to the main floor kitchen, and 10 steps down to the basement.

We had just come home, and my daughter was maybe 4 years old, dressed in a snow suit standing on the landing. I was halfway up the steps to the kitchen, dropping off some bags, my wife was tending to our 1 year old on the landing. As I turned around to help my daughter out of her snowsuit, I see her lose balance and suddenly tumble backwards down the stairs to the basement in slow motion. I'm pretty laid back, but I screamed loud - a mix of horror and the worst feeling of regret.

Fortunately, the stairs and basement were carpeted, and my daughter's snowsuit well padded. She was stunned and shaken, but not hurt - she didn't even cry. But I still feel chills when I think of that moment. Ugh.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote