View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #60
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Another outstanding episode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best of Star Wars is in the animated series, the writing is so far above so many of the movies.

The fight scenes were so well done I'm pretty sure they were motion captured rather than hand animated.

Actually just checked the credits, and looks like it. Ray Park is back as Maul and stunt actress Lauren Mary Kim provides Ahsoka's moves. Awesome they did that.
They were. Sam Witwer (voice of Maul) confirmed in an interview with The Fifth Trooper (Star Wars Legion gaming podcast I listen to) that Ray Park (the original Darth Maul actor) was brought in to motion capture the fight scenes.

It's a good interview, has almost nothing to do with the board game as Witwer paints the minis but hasn't actually played it yet. Witwer just drools over Star Wars for a hour and talks about how he thinks these last four episodes of Clone Wars are among the best Star Wars ever made. So far, he isn't wrong.

Podcast Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3USpR8hnY

I think the reason these episodes are so good is because everyone involved just genuinely loves Star Wars and you can feel it. Filoni, the voice actors, even Lucas was consulted on these episodes. It really is a great send off so far with little nuggets from each episode tying into Revenge of the Sith (Obi-Wan is now being sent after Grievous, Anakin's special assignment by the counsel) Very interested to see how this all finishes.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 04-24-2020 at 03:57 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post: