View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:14 AM   #24
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/04/...nce-acquittal/

Man, F those cops who tried to ruin this family's life. In this interview with the family, the dad also mentions how his son is now scared when they go out due to this incident. Nice work, cops. F that little kid, right?

Quote:
Shaikh was eight months pregnant when the incident happened. The couple has since had their third child.

The impact of the incident and trial has also stretched to their five-year-old son, who was in the vehicle with them at the time. “That night for him actually turned out to be a tragic, tragic night.”

“Closer to when the incident happened, it was more frequent. He was speaking about a black car and “where’s baba? Don’t let them take baba,” Shaikh shared, referring to Zameer. “I didn’t know what to say.”
Yet, throughout everything, like being new immigrants and being called terrorists because some Canadians are racist and equate Brown-skinned people to that, being completely lied to by the cops and being setup by the police, they still constantly empathize with Northrup's widow and their children and pray for them. The Zameers are kind, nice people.

Quote:
Now, Zameer said the sorrow he feels for Const. Northrup’s family is ever present. “We felt so horrible to this day … Whenever I see [my son] smiling, whenever I hug him, I always think about the three kids who do not have their father anymore.”
It sounds like kind acts and words like the one mentioned below, by Canadians has led to Zameer and his wife to still have hope in Canada and Canadians despite everything we've put them through.

Quote:
The supportive messages they are getting now have been overwhelming. “People praying for us, they don’t know us. It’s so beautiful. They’re telling us their entire families are praying for us as they feel for us and it means a lot to us,” said Shaikh.

Zameer added on Tuesday, he was out with his family and a stranger came up to him and apologized.
The full interview with the family is a little lower in the posted article.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote