View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #190
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
As much as I hate that we had crap goaltending and we didn't get many bounces the pity party has to end at some point. We weren't good enough. Period. Hopefully the Flames pick up a good goalie and learn from this. The difference in the series could have been a guy like Gaudreau showing up. I'm not putting it on him it's just an example. We didn't get much luck but the Ducks knew how and when to capitalize on the their chances. That's what good teams do. We're getting there just not quite there yet. But we really need to drop the woe is us routine.
I don't think it is a pity party. The Flames stood toe to toe with a very good team and I didn't think they looked that out of place. Yeah, the ducks can point to the score board, but I see nothing wrong saying the Flames were unlucky. The advanced stats and even the eye test bare that out. You take the lumps and move on, but at the end of the day I feel much better about this team coming out of the series vs 2015. You can see the growth and the improvements the team has made and the core group is still a couple years from entering their prime.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote