View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #84
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Hey guys, did you see how much the quality of the Euro's declined after expanding to 24 teams?"

"I know, let's go to 48!"

Quote:
FIFA president Gianni Infantino has proposed a 48-team World Cup that would see 16 teams eliminated after one knockout match.

The proposal would essentially add a play-in round three days before the current 32-team group stage. From that point, the tournament would progress as it has in the past.

Infantino revealed his plan during a visit to Bogata, Colombia, and said the proposal will be discussed at a FIFA council next week before a final decision in made in January.

"The idea is that 16 teams would qualify directly to the group stage and the other 32 would play in a preliminary phase, in the country where the World Cup is being played -- they would play for the remaining 16 places," Infantino said, according to local media. FIFA confirmed the president's plan to Reuters.

"It means we continue with a normal World Cup for 32 teams, but 48 teams go to the party."
http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/...-play-in-round

I mean this is what we all want right? 16 games of bus parking and shootouts to probably get eliminated in the round of 32 anyway?