View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
Har-Calgary
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Thanks for the post HalifaxDrunk.

Just having trouble getting excited this year.

Last year: Oh! Is it game day?!

This year: Oh... is it game day...?

Call me fairweather, call me bangwagoner. It's neither of those, and not even close. I've been pretty hard core my whole life. I just think it comes from the speed of how we went from ecstatic highs, to crushing lows. Hope to feel the excitement again this year, but that probably won't happen till we hit .500 and playoffs are at least an outside possibility.
I've accepted that we probably won't make the playoffs this year, lowering your expectations will really help your enjoyment on watching this team. The road trip wasn't all bad, resurgence by Mony and Sam continues to play great. I now watch for 6 players, Johnny, Mony, Sam, Brodie, Gio and Hamilton. Yea we have other strong players too (Frolik has been a solid addition) but I think those 6 will be our core moving forward. As long as they play well and continue to improve then I'm pretty happy with the team this season, win or lose. Not worried about Gio, even if he goes this whole season not playing well I have faith he will bounce back, he's been great since he's returned from Russia, not just last season. He's one of the hardest working players I've ever seen and he will bounce back.

So with that being said, I just really hope Johnny gets back on the scoresheet tonight!