View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #2046
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
The point of the game is the grind. The Mephisto runs in D2 are some of my favorite memories in gaming. It's the point of the game. To grind more, get good gear to grind more. It's a stupid, mind-numbingly enjoyable circle.
I completely concur with this. What I have a problem with is that the game has changed to the point where there really isn't a grind anymore. Playing an hour a day for a couple months or so then quitting isn't grinding. Expecting to get great drops in that time isn't realistic.

I found tons of upgrades by grinding. I also found gear for all my other characters. And lastly, I found other stuff that I could trade (via the auction house) for things I needed. Never spent a dime on it, and in fact pulled out quite a bid of cash.

Having played the new Loot 2.0 for a while now, it appears that they have compressed the grinding time down significantly, meaning you can get good gear far too easily... and less delta to the highest end gear.

IMHO, it will attract back some casuals for sure, but they likely will get bored just as quick.

For me, D3 missed the mark on a number of issues. The auction house wasn't a big one for me. Yes, they could have separated it onto a different server, ala Hardcore. With another server for ladder/Pvp and Loot 2.0 style drops. That COULD have addressed both groups, in theory.

I miss jewels. Gems alone are boring. I miss charms too. They could have had a "charm box" where you had a set amount of space for them, instead of in your characters personal inventory.

I liked finding and using MF gear. It didn't need to be nerfed to death. If you are using it, you aren't killing as fast, but then again, some people LIKED to be slow and methodical. It was just another avenue for gameplay.

The initial Inferno brick wall was easy to avoid IF Blizzard had used a little forethought. Dungeons historically had tougher characters and better drops. If they incorporated that into D3, you could have farmed Hell dungeons for a while THEN tackled Inferno. Would have been truer to the history.

They did finally fix one thing that pissed me right off. I LOVED frozen orb in D2 and was ticked that it wasn't in D3. "Didn't want everyone using it" was their mantra. Yet WW Barbs got BUFFED in D3 versus D2 (you could steer them, etc.) At least with RoS, they brought back Frozen Orb, but I am sure they will nerf it again.

Anyhoo... time to game! it IS cool meeting and playing with you folks.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote