View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #56
flaming_potato
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I'm not handy in the slightest, but I've decided that this summer I am going to redo the laminate floors in my main room (roughly 450sqft).

The stuff I have right now was from the previous owner, and was quite clearly the .49 cents per sqft crap. People walk across it and it leaves impressions.

What AC rating should I be looking for? Should I get AC4 stuff or should I splurge for AC5? I have 2 pets, so it needs to be tougher.

I know the technology is pretty much snap on for the most part. What problems am I going to run into if I do it myself? I don't have a ton of curves in my place aside from a semi circular bar style table to the kitchen, so apart from that half moon, I have a couple door frames and that is about it for special cuts.

My moisture barrier and lower level is fine, so I don't think I want to replace it. I am just planning to rip off the current 12mm stuff and put new stuff on top.
AC 4 rating should be more than fine, what kind of pets do you have? You should definitely cut the door jambs to slide the material underneath if it isn't done already. Is the curved area going to leave a gap or is there a trim covering it?

flaming_potato is offline   Reply With Quote