View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #32
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post

If that happens, then it totally cements Jay as the douchiest guy in late night.
Why? It would only prove that Leno is funnier. And he is. Is it Leno's obligaiton to prop Fallon AFTER he leaves NBC? I don't think so.

I was at Leno's performance in Vegas a few years ago. One hour. I could not speak for two hours after that because my jaws were hurting from laughing. He is that funny, naturally. He knows how to make people laugh out loud; not smirk or cackle from a sarcastic remark, but laugh. I saw all episodes of "Comedians in Cars Having Coffee" with Seinfeld. I found Leno's episode the most hilarious of all and there were some seriously funny people in there.

I like Fallon. Everybody likes Fallon, because he is adorable and young. But he does not have Leno's sense of humour nor Letterman's quick wit/meanness. His shows are for the most part too sweet. Can he sustain bankable interest in the show based only on the Tweeter generation's viewership? Will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
He is a ######, but that might be a good thing for NBC in the long run. Cut out the cancer that is the Leno fanbase. Short term pain for a better product and a look to their future audience. They let it burn them once already.
CaptainYooh is offline   Reply With Quote