View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Sharp and Samsung crank up their colors so they appear to be more vivid....but believe me, that gets a little hard on the eyes after a while. Typically, manufacturer/stores set their color/contrast setting pretty high (higher contrast tv's in the store tend to wow people and sell better).

###. I bought a 42" Samsung plasma in September. Like all Samsung TV's it had three default settings; dynamic, standard and movie. The dynamic setting is the factory one, and the one they use in the store for the display. I went through them at home and thought; 'why would anyone use anything but dynamic, the colors are so vivid, it's awesome'.

Then I read Avs forums for a bit, and read numerous posts with people saying that after a while you'll be using the movie setting and you'll never go back. I thought they were all crazy at the time. After awhile though, I started using it, even though I thought the colors looked to tame and washed out. But now, i absolutely love it that way, and I cringe when I occasionaly put it on dynamic, it actually hurts my eyes.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote