View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #16
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Maybe people aren't parking in the back because the alley isn't paved and they don't want their cars dirty or stuck...
Then again, it's probably closer to the other reason Tiger cited... To keep 5 cars owners from taking up the whole street.
I used to live 3 doors down from a guy that had 4 vehicles. These things weren't small either. Two extended vans, a long box truck and a frickin stationwagon.
Between this guy and my other neighbour with the RMS Titanic (wait, maybe it was a late 70's Lincoln), there was rarely a parking spot near my door.

What can you do except to try to park in front of your own house just to assert yourself?

Most annoying thing about parking in places like mactown (elgin way is a bitch) is that you have a faux sense of ownership for the front of your house that inevitably gets no respect from one a$$hat in the neighbourhood.
Really, it's understandable that on a friday or saturday night one of your neighbours has a shindig and you get stiffed for a spot, but every day makes a guy want to park on the perp's lawn just to say '**** you'.

At least in higher density neighbourhoods it's an accepted fact that there's not enough room in front of the building for all 20something cars for that building and therefore it's a free-for-all.

The people in the neighbourhoods that deliberately park in front of a neighbour's house, or even worse are the ****ers that deliberately take up two spots so that wifey can call 5 min before getting home and she has a spot (in front of YOUR house) are the ones that are asking for dis-inflated tires.

Hmmm... Did I even make a point?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote