View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 09:31 AM   #344
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I haven't mastered the art of channeling the existential dread into motivation to achieve, it seems to divert to "what's the point of achieving or experiencing anything when that memory is going to disappear into entropy" instead.

But yeah I do find I'm taking more of a perspective of "you can't take it with you" so shifting the balance of future vs. now. Which I guess is probably expected as future gets shorter and now keeps going.
I struggled for a while with that. Lost some friends young in pretty quick succession to things nobody could really have seen coming. It caused a lot of time wasted worrying that my own time was right around the corner, in a fated sort of way, a lot of really dark days (that turned into months and years). Then it slowly shifted to acceptance, but under the terms that everything was pointless.

Now I realize that all of this is the point. Whatever you do, living is the point of life. The only way for me to feel comfortable with the inevitable (whenever and however it comes) is to ensure I reach it knowing I lived my life on my terms, as who I wanted to be, and that I got every bit of joy I could out of it. I just do my best and take joy where I can find it and tell my friends I love them. There’s not much more you can do than that, I figure. I don’t want to die wondering if I could’ve enjoyed my time more or wondering if the people around me know how much they mean to me.

It sounds stupid and cheesy I’m sure, and it’s not any kind of advice, it’s just how I make it through every day happy.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: