View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #62
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Disagree with the general sentiment here...

I thought the season was generally quite boring, and is really suffering from their trying to stretch one book into multiple seasons. None of the back stories for the old gods, nor Wednesday's efforts to recruit them, got me very interested in their characters, and both Shadow and Laura Moon are dull and monotonous.

Give me Wednesday and Mad Sweeney on a buddy trip, in actual war with Mr. World, and you might have something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Generally agree with Mike F. I love the overall concept and want to see where it goes, but the slow burn has been brutal. 8 episodes in and the payoff has been learning that the 1 eyed god who talks to crows who's name is the same day named after Odin is actually Odin?

I had no idea that was the season finale, and I can't believe we had a "filler" episode with that Essie stuff when there was only 8 episodes.

With the war actually starting, I will have to tune into it next season and I am looking forward to it, but I probably won't be able to last another season as slow as this one.
I generally agree as well.

Yeah, considering the amount of flack GoT and TWD get for 'filler' I'm surprised at the forgiveness here of an 8 episode season that probably only had story development in about half of them

Thats about the slowest burn I've ever seen.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote