View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I agree that it is part of the game and I truly believe that when you try to limit a player's ability to "cleanly" hit another you actually increase the chances of other injuries. Players pulling up or altering their style can get injured in doing so. However, when players take cheap shot with helmet to helmet contact it is ridiculous and needs to be monitored. However, on both sides of the ball, how many RBs are running down linebackers by burying their head and crashing into their helmets.......... tough calls for the referees.

As for players going in after they are woozy, I agree that this needs to be dealt with. Unfortunately at the lwoer levels of the sport it is almost being over dealt with. I have had numerous occurances where players have felt ill or woozy and I know it is because they are out of shape and trainers are yanking them from games. Now I would NEVER risk a players health but I know a kid who hasn't even been hit yet has a small chance of a concussion. THus we are caught in a human dilemna, how much do we take responsibility for the players and where does their own start?
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote